Mod Request: Vampire Corpse Should be Ash

Forteverum

When you kill vampires in Skyrim and you search their corpses, there is ash on the corpse, yet the body looks just like a regular humanoid body that you can sling around. There's nothing about them that makes me feel as though I've slain a vampire and not just another very overzealous mage. If reanimated zombies become ash when they die, because they were undead, then the vampires *who actually have ash on their corpses to loot* should definitely become ash.

I'd like to request , in the ideal, a vampire death animation wherein they burn up when they die, but failing that, I'd simply like a minor mod that causes them to become the same piles of ash when they die that zombies do. I imagine that must be a very easy mod to make...

I just found out that Dawnbreaker DOES turn vampires to ash, and other undead too. I think that's excellent.

So that gives me a new idea. I think that vampires, being intelligent undead, ought to revive after a while if they've been killed and their bodies are still intact. Sure, knocking them down to 0 hp with your regular steel weapon would be enough to move onto the next room or whatever, but after five minutes or so they ought to revive and come at you again if you're still hanging out in the same room.

The only way to prevent this would be to have them become reduced to ash, either through the agency of the aforementioned Dawnbreaker, or else a silver sword, fire, a bash with a torch, or a fire enchanted weapon. Only Dawnbreaker would make the explosions as it does, but silver, fire, or the torches ought to be a good way to "finish them" and convert the body to an ash pile the normal way (the fire-less animation when a reanimated zombie dies) when they're down if they haven't burned up already. How about if you could prevent the "rising" effect by putting garlic in the body's inventory?

Edited by Forteverum

I just found out that Dawnbreaker DOES turn vampires to ash, and other undead too. I think that's excellent.

So that gives me a new idea. I think that vampires, being intelligent undead, ought to revive after a while if they've been killed and their bodies are still intact. Sure, knocking them down to 0 hp with your regular steel weapon would be enough to move onto the next room or whatever, but after five minutes or so they ought to revive and come at you again if you're still hanging out in the same room.

The only way to prevent this would be to have them become reduced to ash, either through the agency of the aforementioned Dawnbreaker, or else a silver sword, fire, a bash with a torch, or a fire enchanted weapon. Only Dawnbreaker would make the explosions as it does, but silver, fire, or the torches ought to be a good way to "finish them" and convert the body to an ash pile the normal way (the fire-less animation when a reanimated zombie dies) when they're down if they haven't burned up already. How about if you could prevent the "rising" effect by putting garlic in the body's inventory?

I like these ideas. Seeing as how Fallout allows lasers to turn things into ashes, it supports the idea that such things are possible in the engine. If not already available, definitely worth looking into when the CK comes out.

Oh, and don't forget oil, that should work too.

How about making it go full circle and allow the vampiric players to revive unless burnt?

I like these ideas. Seeing as how Fallout allows lasers to turn things into ashes, it supports the idea that such things are possible in the engine. If not already available, definitely worth looking into when the CK comes out.

Oh, and don't forget oil, that should work too.

How about making it go full circle and allow the vampiric players to revive unless burnt?

Maybe perhaps if they had reached a certain level of vampirism and had fed recently enough. And if that was going to happen, then it'd be best if certain intelligent NPCs were scripted to do the finishing off. Definitely the Silver Hand ought to know how, as well as most mage NPCs.

And such things are possible in the engine for sure - they already happen all the time with reanimate dead and Dawnbreaker.

Edited by Forteverum

• 7 months later...

Vempires doesn't turn to ash with my dawnbreaker? Are they realy supose to?

I dont understand why they didnt make the vampires burst in to flames when they die, in dawnguard! Its a vampire dlc and they left that important part out:P

Edited by dvda1987