Why are people so hostile?

FlyingHigh10000000

To reference Sarya's post a bit, I do advise you ask for honest criticism if you want to become a better modder. In fact, I would consider the scathing, angry, frustrated people that say ridiculous things as well... sometimes they have valid points, they just fail to express it in a reasonable fashion. Mind you, if you're just doing it for your own enjoyment and don't feel it's worthwhile to bend over backwards in the pursuit of (possible) perfection (nothing wrong with that!), I'd pass it by and keep having fun.

Mod because you enjoy doing it or want to add something to your own game that others might enjoy. Don't do it because you want praise for doing it, or even a thank you.

If someone has a problem with your mod, it's their problem. Report their post if it's particularly bad and just ignore them. They aren't worth getting upset or depressed over.

Think of the report button as a delete button, use it on a trolls post and both the troll and post soon vanish. If you check into these trolls you'll usually find they've contributed nothing whatsoever to the community. They have no files or images on the site, their post history doesn't show any sign of helping others and they sure as hell won't have opened their wallet to help fund the place. In short these people are just random nobodies, they leech and give nothing back but their own worthless opinions, treat their comments with the contempt they deserve.