Lone Wanderer - Driveable Motorcycle Mod

slevin92

Soooooo, I was so pissed to walk everywhere in far harbor that i finally decided to make a driveable motorcycle mod like I there were in fallout 3 and new vegas.

So far, everything i wanted to make work pretty well. The model is done, player, followers and dogmeat animations are done.

For an unknown reason, wheels don't animate in-game but they do in the Creation Kit. Also the behavior i use don't have any backwalk state so there's no possibility to add one atm.

To do list:

- Settings holotape with :

- Choose between follower on your motorcycle or on it's own motorcycle

- Choose player / follower / dogmeat to equip Road goggle

- Gas system (not sure how i'll do it)

- Better Engine sound

- Map tracker

- Fix wheels animation

- Move Motorcycle between DLC locations

- Motorcycle Customization (Paint, Backpack, Light, Cart, etc..)

Some pics:

Fallout4_2017_01_26_18_10_51_76.jpg

Fallout4_2017_01_26_18_16_57_70.jpg

Edited by slevin92

Maybe you can use another behavior . Do you use an existing behavior or a custom one ? ( I have no idea how to create them, but I have experimented a bit with powered objects trying to make them work without power. It worked but there was a problem that each time after reload they go to their default state. It probably was possible to fix with scripts by storing their state somewhere and changing it to the saved state on load etc. Not 100% sure as I decided that it just does not worth it Those objects were nothing special to waste so much time on them. But this is a different thing. It worths creating a whole quest for it or a terminal ...or something else.

There are in game objects that play animation when the script tells them to play the animation (on activate , on hit etc) Maybe you can use this way for your motocycle. Hard to say anything without looking at the nif file.

I tried to make a custom behavior based on an existing one from a creature, unfortunately it doesn't work in game but it work in the creation kit. Look like something is missing for the game to use ti correctly. So I used a behavior from one of the dlc (far habor). It worked but not completely (i can move etc.. but the wheel don't animate at all). I think this behavior only recognize vanilla creature's bones (in my case, the root node).

I'll take a deeper look into these behavior files and try to figure out what's wrong.

Edited by slevin92

I tried to make a custom behavior based on an existing one from a creature, unfortunately it doesn't work in game but it work in the creation kit. Look like something is missing for the game to use ti correctly. So I used a behavior from one of the dlc (far habor). It worked but not completely (i can move etc.. but the wheel don't animate at all). I think this behavior only recognize vanilla creature's bones (in my case, the root node).

I'll take a deeper look into these behavior files and try to figure out what's wrong.

If something works in the CK, it`s likely that it`s possible to fix it and to make it work in game too :). It seems that the CK ignores some data..I once had my object turned invisible in game. It happened that just the number of BSX flag was not fitting. But I could see it in the CK. I love motocycles, I`m looking forward to seeing this mod too.