Is it just me???

GMatthews

So I'm merilly running around killing things and picking plants and then I see them... butterflies, moths, but especially Torchbugs and Bees. Then, no matter what I'm doing or where I'm headed I just run around catching them. I saw a couple of torchbugs while a dragon was chewing on me one time and even considered running from the dragon. I feel like that dog with the talking collar in the movie "UP" -but instead of "SQUIRREL!!!", it's "FIREFLY!!!"

Bees have the added fun of the BZZZ they make when you catch them. Dragonflies are mostly ignored by me now since the tend to fly away at lightspeed.

I'm glad the bees don't sting, and that there are no mosquitoes.

Have you tried shouts? For dragonflies, I recommend either whirwind to chase them or slowtime once upon them.

(edited to remove my quoting of you. don't know why i quoted the first post)

Edited by thesapien

I wish there was an option to catch them and put them into jars- like the jars you can find that hold a single dragonfly, bee, or firebug. I'd love to collect a jarful of those firebugs and then let them loose at night in a field somewhere and watch them swirl around me all aglow :-) lol weird, right?!

I wish there was an option to catch them and put them into jars- like the jars you can find that hold a single dragonfly, bee, or firebug. I'd love to collect a jarful of those firebugs and then let them loose at night in a field somewhere and watch them swirl around me all aglow :-) lol weird, right?!

Oh, I totally agree with you! And I have a feeling that (after the CK is released) being able to catch-not-kill bugs will be a mod before too long.

...and custom spells like "death by bees".

EDIT:

http://finalgirl.us/NellSpeedFG/firefly.jpg

I like catching the bees. the BZZZZupt after you pluck them up is funny to me. The dragon flies you have to swim for and sneak up on. Its sill how many time I get assaulted from wolfs, bears, tiggers and other critters while I'm off simple mindedly chasing a moth or some other pretty little insect. They ned a crawly glow worm hanging from silk stings in the deep dark dungeons.

Lol ... Or when the sneaky buggers try an hide in trees, I'm sure I look ridiculous, clambering over rocks and staring up towards the sky, jumping in the air trying to catch that one last damn butterfly ... Lydia has been king enough not to say anything about my pastime, but she does give me that funny look sometimes (although she never offers to help ... Hmmm, A-ha ! ... I wonder if you can 'order' a follower to catch them? BRB ).

For me though the real fun is catching the Salmon jumping over waterfalls, ... It takes skill I tell you !!! You gotta' time it just right or you either get nothing or fall of the edge !!!

Back to those (horrid creatures) the Mud Crabs

• 4 weeks later...

...Back to those (horrid creatures) the Mud Crabs

Mudcrabs can be scary. I was playing with fish in a river and I see a couple dead slaughterfish float past me and I don't think anything of it. Then a dead sabretooth floats past me so I look up river and I swear the Mudcrabs were looking straight at me like they were daring me to come (bleep) with them.