Is it just me???

GMatthews

...Back to those (horrid creatures) the Mud Crabs

Mudcrabs can be scary. I was playing with fish in a river and I see a couple dead slaughterfish float past me and I don't think anything of it. Then a dead sabretooth floats past me so I look up river and I swear the Mudcrabs were looking straight at me like they were daring me to come (bleep) with them.

Are you using the Wars in Skyrim mod? Doesn't that make mudcrabs scarier? Oh, wait, it makes slaughterfish bigger and sabres tougher too, maybe not. I'm just trying to figure out how mudcrabs took down a sabre. I mean, I've seen them slaughter slaughterfish before, but a sabre???

Edited by thesapien

I don't go near them. Any insect capable of actually pushing me around is an insect I have no interest in dealing with.

Lol yeah! I was running across the plains and came to a sudden stop... turned out there was a dragonfly in my path :D

Are you using the Wars in Skyrim mod? Doesn't that make mudcrabs scarier? Oh, wait, it makes slaughterfish bigger and sabres tougher too, maybe not. I'm just trying to figure out how mudcrabs took down a sabre. I mean, I've seen them slaughter slaughterfish before, but a sabre???

It surprised me too but there were 3 or 4 Mudcrabs sitting on this little piece of land in the river where you'll often find the sabretooth (SE of Whiterun) and nothing else nearby. I don't use any mods that affect gameplay -just mainly graphics. The only thing I can imagine is that Sabretooths hit REALLY hard but don't have a ton of hitpoints themselves. I was around level 10ish.

People complain about so many things in this game but the creatures that attack each other was a feature that surprised me in a good way. Especially when a dragon won't come down to attack me but he attacks a creature and I'm able to get in on the aggro.

And if a giant helps me smack down a dragon -even better. He won't even attack me after no matter how close I am. It's like we have a sense of comeraderie. If only we could high five, but that would probably kill me.

Edited by GMatthews

I don't go near them. Any insect capable of actually pushing me around is an insect I have no interest in dealing with.

Lol yeah! I was running across the plains and came to a sudden stop... turned out there was a dragonfly in my path :D

Or, even if you're just standing there, a bug can push you. Anyway, I RP all these situations. Haven't you ever been running in the real world and had a bug smack you in the face? Can stop you. Also, standing around in the real world, I've had bugs make me move and start dancing so... yeah, RP.

Edited by thesapien

It surprised me too but there were 3 or 4 Mudcrabs sitting on this little piece of land in the river where you'll often find the sabretooth (SE of Whiterun) and nothing else nearby. I don't use any mods that affect gameplay -just mainly graphics. The only thing I can imagine is that Sabretooths hit REALLY hard but don't have a ton of hitpoints themselves. I was around level 10ish.

People complain about so many things in this game but the creatures that attack each other was a feature that surprised me in a good way. Especially when a dragon won't come down to attack me but he attacks a creature and I'm able to get in on the aggro.

And if a giant helps me smack down a dragon -even better. He won't even attack me after no matter how close I am. It's like we have a sense of comeraderie. If only we could high five, but that would probably kill me.

Yes, so many of us have been helped, if not saved, by giants. I've been know to run through a giant's camp while being chased by a dragon, more than once. Just be careful though 'cuz one false move and any accidental hit from you on any giant or mammoth and they'll all turn on you. Yep, I've also been known to be in the very bad situation of fighting a dragon plus a giant and two mammoths, all focused on me suddenly.

Once I actually turned on the forced aid, helping the dragon by shooting arrows at anything attacking it. We made a good team. Towards the end, it was just me and an injured giant. I thought I had him no problem and got cocky and slacked on finishing him off. I actually ran toward him instead of using my bow... He one hit me.