Hardware Transform & Lighting

jwarner

I've been trying to play New Vegas on my Window XP Acer Aspire One Netbook, but I get this error 'Hardware T & L required but not supported by adapter.' What do I do to fix this? And before someone says 'Get a desktop,' I have a desktop, but for some reason I can't run ANY mod managers. So, I tried my netbook and found that the netbook can run FOMM. Are there any inexpensive ways to fix this problem?

What graphics card do you have? It may just be that you simply cannot play the game on your laptop.

It's an Intel, I think. It doesn't say what the graphics card is on the computer, box, or manual. If I can't play New Vegas on it, does anyone know why FOMM isn't working on my desktop?

There are quite a few intel graphics adapters. You can see the model through your bios, but since you listed the laptop I have a good idea what it is. Saying the maker of the card in most cases doesn't help out that much. If you are to say I have an Nvidia or AMD card the response would most likely be; Great, now which of the many cards made since the late 90's would you happen to be talking about :laugh: . Not a problem though.

Since its using an intel on-board (I am to assume its integrated) graphics adapter I doubt you will be able to play it. From the looks of acer Aspire laptops you will not meet the minimum settings to play since it has an older integrated gpu and an intel atom processor. In most cases you will need a dedicated graphics card in order to play games. I believe the only integrated gpu capable of playing games (not all that well) is the Intel HD 3000 which comes in laptops featuring second gen intel processors. You seem to be out of luck, it will not be possible for you to play Fallout on it.

Since you have a desktop I believe it would be more appropriate to explain the problem you are having with the mod managers and see if the members of the nexus community could help you with that.

There are quite a few intel graphics adapters. You can see the model through your bios, but since you listed the laptop I have a good idea what it is. Saying the maker of the card in most cases doesn't help out that much. If you are to say I have an Nvidia or AMD card the response would most likely be; Great, now which of the many cards made since the late 90's would you happen to be talking about :laugh: . Not a problem though.

Since its using an intel on-board (I am to assume its integrated) graphics adapter I doubt you will be able to play it. From the looks of acer Aspire laptops you will not meet the minimum settings to play since it has an older integrated gpu and an intel atom processor. In most cases you will need a dedicated graphics card in order to play games. I believe the only integrated gpu capable of playing games (not all that well) is the Intel HD 3000 which comes in laptops featuring second gen intel processors. You seem to be out of luck, it will not be possible for you to play Fallout on it.

Since you have a desktop I believe it would be more appropriate to explain the problem you are having with the mod managers and see if the members of the nexus community could help you with that.

OK. Thanks for the help!

From the looks of acer Aspire laptops

his ain't a lappy

its a netbook

I know, but I refer to all portable computers as laptops :happy: . My 'desktop replacer' laptop weighs over twelve pounds (without the ac adapter). Its 3.5 pound ac adapter weighs more than some netbooks. I still call it a laptop though it will never sit on my lap :laugh: .

From the looks of acer Aspire laptops

his ain't a lappy

its a netbook

I know, but I refer to all portable computers as laptops :happy: . My 'desktop replacer' laptop weighs over twelve pounds (without the ac adapter). Its 3.5 pound ac adapter weighs more than some netbooks. I still call it a laptop though it will never sit on my lap :laugh: .

still

trying to play games with a netbook

is like trying to run the Indy 500 in a Yugo