What is the big fuss over having the official Ck

rabidNode

I read it a lot when the Ck comes out when is the Ck coming out I will change it when the Ck comes out.

There 4987 MODs now on the Nexus without the Ck. There are 2 scripting extenders both of which birthed cpu and game optimizations. There are tweaks to almost every aspect of the game via hacking and fomm and the most recent beta of skyedit which is awesome. In time skyedit or something similar will have figured out all the editable data and how it can be altered.

The Ck is being held hostage by steam workshop and steam will not only be needed to launch the ck but given the amount of time since the games launch it will be integrated into the ck as well. Since they decided to not release the ck at launch with the game because of the workshop some very innovative people have gone about figuring out other ways to mod the game and make it that much better. Some base level location mods are popping up.

Seems to me with 4987 MODs that modding without the ck is working just fine. it is of course quite hacky and not so elegant early on but it will get there.

id rather have community tools at this point given what they pulled with steam and ck/workshop.

anyway...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The kit allows for near infinite possibilities with mods. Animators can now use their animation, modelers can now get their models in game without fuss, textures can uv map models to apply their new textures and game scripters can actually have fun and get to work as they haven't really been able to without the kit :laugh: . We can also stop seeing those silly daily mods which someone has only used a colour slider to change the texture than maybe added some line of speech from a tv show or another game.

You can make skyrim more to your style is a personal one for people, however many mods are released i can imagine there more that people use for them selves and do not release, But the main reason is TES games to many modders are engines and tools they can use to create a world of there own with strories, races ect.

The CK to me, is one of the main reasons i got skyrim, oblivion was good using the CS i made it more to my liking and ill do the same to skyrim like 90% of other people on here will.

There's no possibility of scripting or making quests and dialogue without the CK, creating dungeons or new areas is almost impossible, making NPC:s navigate them is impossible afaik, changing NPC AI behavior is impossible...... just to name a few. All of these and much more is a piece of cake with the CK, so we wait. Modding is supposed to be fun, not 24/7 slave-labor with crappy tools :/

The kit allows for near infinite possibilities with mods. Animators can now use their animation, modelers can now get their models in game without fuss, textures can uv map models to apply their new textures and game scripters can actually have fun and get to work as they haven't really been able to without the kit :laugh: . We can also stop seeing those silly daily mods which someone has only used a colour slider to change the texture than maybe added some line of speech from a tv show or another game.

That's all already being done. "Without fuss", though? Less fuss in many ways, but such work is never without fuss. It's not a holy grail. The developers used a better version yet still had problems making the game perfect in everyone's eyes.

What are you talking about with lines of speech. The CK won't add new voice acting.

And won't you see more "silly daily mods" after the CK?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for it. Bonus! I've just never been into a game with a CK release and am used to mods without. Oh, wait, there was Hal-Life 2 for me, but I never got into the offshoots from their CK.