NPCS reactions to your race?

scottmack

The fact that the Dragonborn gets through is because EVERYONE knows you are The Dragonborn, it isn't a gameplay weakness its following the lore. They may not like you because of your race but they do respect you becuase of your title. No lore was broken, no gameplay was ruined, it all makes sense IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT.

Actually, if YOU THINK ABOUT IT, this is very untrue, if you THINK ABOUT IT. Since you can enter any city freely before you kill that dragon, and other than alduin no one knows you are a dragonborn until you kill one. Just do what you shout and THINK ABOUT IT.

Edited by faifh

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cornerclub only serves Dunmer and provides nothing for anyone but The Dunmer, similarly Sadri's used wares only provides a market for the Dunmer. The Atheron's however do work so I conceit that point.

My original point still stand MOST Dunmer in Windhelm do little besides sit around and complain. Even Hlaalu admits they complain too much and do too little.

The fact that the Dragonborn gets through is because EVERYONE knows you are The Dragonborn, it isn't a gameplay weakness its following the lore. They may not like you because of your race but they do respect you becuase of your title. No lore was broken, no gameplay was ruined, it all makes sense IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT.

The Riften Dunmer and Argonians were able to persevere when coming into a land that hated them because THEY TIRED, The Windhelm Dunmer don't try, they are content with sitting around and being hated.

If you were worth the effort, I'd fraps a video for YouTube of me making a Khajiit character, going straight from Helgen to every single city except Whiterun, ending with Windhelm, where that Khajiit would go buy something from Sadris Used Wares and then get a drink in the New Gnisis Corner Club.

Edited by Khorak

Actually, if YOU THINK ABOUT IT, this is very untrue, if you THINK ABOUT IT. Since you can enter any city freely before you kill that dragon, and other than alduin no one knows you are a dragonborn until you kill one. Just do what you shout and THINK ABOUT IT.

If you were worth the effort, I'd fraps a video for YouTube of me making a Khajiit character, going straight from Helgen to every single city except Whiterun, ending with Windhelm, where that Khajiit would go buy something from Sadris Used Wares and then get a drink in the New Gnisis Corner Club.

You are ignoring the fact that Bethesda intended you to do said dragon killing quest before you went anywhere else. You cant take something the game devs didn't intend for you to do as canon.

I find your attempts to weasel out of the truth to be cute in a childish way.

Edited by sajuukkhar9000

You are ignoring the fact that Bethesda intended you to do said dragon killing quest before you went anywhere else. You cant take something the game devs didn't intend for you to do as canon.

I find your attempts to weasel out of the truth to be cute in a childish way.

I find your pitiful argument insulting.

Now go do something, start a new game and go to Whiterun. You see all those options for getting into the city? That's because you don't have to go with your initial contact to Riverwood and get the mission requiring you to speak to Jarl Balgruuf. You can go anywhere, immediately. And they knew this, so they deliberately set the game up so that you could still get into Whiterun with Persuasion, Bribery or Intimidation without expecting you to go to Riverwood and start those missions.

In short, your smugness is matched only by your embarassing ignorance. Bethesda merely set up the main quest. They do not expect you to do any part of it at any given point beyond the glithy problem of Balgruuf still being primarily a main quest vendor when you try to hand him Ulfrics axe, so they have deliberately s*** all over your sad little argument by explicitly writing the game to accommodate this. Last time I fought Mirmulnir, I was already Archmage of the College of Winterhold. And that choice is what Bethesda intended to be possible, not your laughable attempts to claim otherwise.

Just to hammer home the point, your first contact, Ralof or Hadvar, even outright says it would probably be best if you split up one you've escaped Helgen. That right there is them validing any decision you make to shove off and do whatever the hell you like.

Edited by Khorak

I take it as a point of laziness and/or oversight on Bethesda's part....heck even after you kill a major NPC...most NPCs in-game don't even recognize that point and keep to original dialogs.....

Bethesda has great games with huge potential...but almost always end up doing great injustice for the task at hand.....still i am an avid fan.... brought skyrim instead of batman arkham city like i wanted to....

Now go do something, start a new game and go to Whiterun. You see all those options for getting into the city? That's because you don't have to go with your initial contact to Riverwood and get the mission requiring you to speak to Jarl Balgruuf. You can go anywhere, immediately. And they knew this, so they deliberately set the game up so that you could still get into Whiterun with Persuasion, Bribery or Intimidation without expecting you to go to Riverwood and start those missions.

In short, your smugness is matched only by your embarassing ignorance. Bethesda merely set up the main quest. They do not expect you to do any part of it at any given point beyond the glithy problem of Balgruuf still being primarily a main quest vendor when you try to hand him Ulfrics axe, so they have deliberately s*** all over your sad little argument by explicitly writing the game to accommodate this. Last time I fought Mirmulnir, I was already Archmage of the College of Winterhold. And that choice is what Bethesda intended to be possible, not your laughable attempts to claim otherwise.

Just to hammer home the point, your first contact, Ralof or Hadvar, even outright says it would probably be best if you split up one you've escaped Helgen. That right there is them validing any decision you make to shove off and do whatever the hell you like.

I find your sheer lack of understanding the game pitiful.

This is the same thing that I had to hound into the Oblivion fans who didn't understand that while you COULD go to Kavatch first the game was designed for you to go to Jauffre first, I eventually broke them of thier misguided notions and I could do it again but you aren't worth my time.

All I will say is that just because you CAN do something in the game and it not break does not mean you were supposed to. Whiterun and the Dragonborn discovery part were meant to be done at the beginning of the game, just because you circumnavigate the main quest does not make the actions of the people in cities afterwards are canon or follow lore.

Edited by sajuukkhar9000

The Riften Dunmer and Argonians were able to persevere when coming into a land that hated them because THEY TIRED, The Windhelm Dunmer don't try, they are content with sitting around and being hated.

oh yeah...the dragonborn is called a welp at jorrvaskr.....etc....called upon by whatever perks they have "can you enchant this sword it can barely cut butter"..."can you conjure me up a warm bed".....by random guards....

admit it bethesda dropped a huge ball when it came to continuity & events in-game....

oh yeah...the dragonborn is called a welp at jorrvaskr.....etc....called upon by whatever perks they have "can you enchant this sword it can barely cut butter"..."can you conjure me up a warm bed".....by random guards....

admit it bethesda dropped a huge ball when it came to continuity & events in-game....

Whelp means "new guy" or "a youth", it isn't a comment on your power, but one of your time in the faction.

Also what is wrong with guards mentioning all your skills?

Edited by sajuukkhar9000

Argonian me exits windhelm.

Same gate guard who let me in here: You know Ive been thinking maybe Im the dragon born and just dont know it yet.

Me: YOL TOOR SHUL!

I find your sheer lack of understanding the game pitiful.

This is the same thing that I had to hound into the Oblivion fans who didn't understand that while you COULD go to Kavatch first the game was designed for you to go to Jauffre first, I eventually broke them of thier misguided notions and I could do it again but you aren't worth my time.

All I will say is that just because you CAN do something in the game and it not break does not mean you were supposed to. Whiterun and the Dragonborn discovery part were meant to be done at the beginning of the game, just because you circumnavigate the main quest does not make the actions of the people in cities afterwards are canon or follow lore.

Welcome to Skyrim a free world sandbox game where you can do anything you want.

Also I might as well say it self nobody else is: Troll.

Seriously every post Ive seen to make on these forums have been disruptive and derailing.

Edited by ModelV