Random useful tips (no spoilers!)

RokHere

This is a bit lame compared to some on here but if you like decorating your house and want to have some flaming torches dotted around you can do this by the following method...

equip torch > drop on ground > leave house > log out of game > log back in the auto save you just got from leaving the house > re enter house and they should be lit and ready to place where ever you like. :)

When I'm in the decorating mood, after I place an item (like that cool enchanged bow I'm not going to use for a while), I drop another item and then pick it up again. Dropping an item seems to "lock" the last placed item into its place. Do a quicksave (F5 on PC) and then a quickload (F9 on PC) to see if it worked - no need to leave the house and go back in.

Love all the tips here but yours is superb! Talk about a "blinding flash of the obvious" now that you pointed it out :blush:

It's always the last item that ends up flying all over the place... so duh! I'm a tard. Thanks Noobus!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

After I clear a dungeon, I go back through from the end to the beginning. There are potions, gems etc tucked into areas/behind things that you can't see when you go through from beginning to end.

From a roleplaying perspective, that's also a great opportunity for some "What have I done?!" moments after the bliss of victory has worn off, and you realize just how much pain and destruction you've wrought on people who may or may not really have deserved death.

Perhaps a good time for an epiphany? A change of heart and priorities? A reevaluation of your social circle?

Edited by ThomasBlaine

My 10c worth. Sword and Shield go very well together: Need the appropriate perks, but it is very powerful for a warrior type character.

Max out block as quickly as you dare to level up...

Shield punch is incredibly effective...

Hold block and sprint at multiple enemies, watch them fly...

Shield punch on that death-lord just as he shouts at you and watch it backfire on him (also you seem to take less stagger damage from shouts)

Shield punch the enemy power attacks, watch them reel and stagger back and or cower down.

Use ward against dragons and high level mage attacks...

Hotkey ward and shield for quick swap to finalize the attack.

Tips:

Block as often as you dare before attacking (adds block points),

Shield punch as often as stamina allows...

Enchant a ring when you get the dual perk level with fortify block and fortify one-hand

Disarm shout used against you can be a setback so if weight not too much of an issue, carry 3 enchanted swords (dagger/whatever)

1. enchanted stamina and health damage (expensive to run but good on powerful opponents)

2. enchanted shock and soul trap (to feed the black star & geode collected gems)

3. enchanted fire and frost (good for most things)

Dual wield combos always a cool option on those special occasions where you want a quick end to the fight, hotkey back to shield or ward as you see fit.

Not sure if the game or just my luck but Disarm shout does not seem to remove shield from my inventory, I seem to be able to just hotkey it back again and select another sword, dispatch the opponents and go look for my disarmed sword.

I played a dual wielding character, and I think I picked some restoration perks very early cause of the healing spells (Mend, etc.) -- extremely useful. Simply favorite the weapons and healing spells, and switch back and forth.

Someone said that the follower you use have the same level/capabilities as you have when you assign them. So if you have used the same follower for a long time its good to let them leave the service and then immidiatly assign them again to let them "Level up".

This is more important early in the game due to not have to worrie if Lydia will survive or not.

C is the default for auto run if you ceebs holding W. Cruise control and just steer with the mouse when travelling to a marker with nothing exciting happening

Puzzle doors and puzzle claws share pictures... examine the claw in your inventory window if you're stumped

When I first started I gave my follower a few potions of heal and stamina and resist potions for fire,shock etc, but then I read that they do not use them, so I stopped giving potions.

So you say that when the follower is on his knees and needs healing fast that he/she will use a potion if it is in their inventory?

I am intrigued, I hope you are right , It should be tis way but not certain if that is the way this game works.