The Sunday Discussion - TheModernStoryteller - creator of "The Forgotten City"

TheTokenGeek

In response to post #47079540.

soulgamers wrote: Hi
I would rather play a game than watch a movie.
In-game you are there with action. controlling it, and being the actor.
something that the couch potatoes who just watch films can't seem to grasp.

I'll have a look into The Forgotten City. :thumbsup:

Ok then, I'm just downloading it now.
I've been playing Skyrim for years, one of my favorite games of all time.
It's the modders who make the game the best.

Hi again
Well I have just played The Forgotten City throughout the night. from when I downloaded it till now.
and quite enjoyed it. though I did get everyone killed by letting the woman out the room. :ohmy:
but I made a save just before I did.
So, I'm going back to that save, to try and stop the law from happening. if it's at all posable. ;D :thumbsup:

In response to post #47079540. #47096285 is also a reply to the same post.

soulgamers wrote: Hi again
Well I have just played The Forgotten City throughout the night. from when I downloaded it till now.
and quite enjoyed it. though I did get everyone killed by letting the woman out the room. :ohmy:
So, I'm going back to that save, to try and stop the law from happening. if it's at all posable. ;D :thumbsup:

Nice spoiler there, soulgamers!

In response to post #47079540. #47096285, #47103160 are all replies on the same post.

R0NlN wrote: Nice spoiler there, soulgamers!

Hi R0NlN
:armscrossed:
I'm glad you likes it.:woot: . . Notice I didn't give her name, or what law. :laugh:
that you will have to findout for yourself.

In response to post #47079540. #47096285, #47103160, #47103935 are all replies on the same post.

soulgamers wrote: Hi R0NlN
I'm glad you likes it.:woot: . . Notice I didn't give her name, or what law. :laugh:

There is a way to get the law to stop happening...but it requires you to break the law a couple of times first.

Doing so leads to the BEST ending where

the entire city is saved and you have a new place full of merchants, etc. I'll give you a hint: it has to do with possessions of the Vigilants of Stendarr who visited the city...

In response to post #47079540. #47096285, #47103160, #47103935, #47123850 are all replies on the same post.

soulgamers wrote: Hi R0NlN
blueraga wrote: There is a way to get the law to stop happening...but it requires you to break the law a couple of times first.

Doing so leads to the BEST ending where

the entire city is saved and you have a new place full of merchants, etc. I'll give you a hint: it has to do with possessions of the Vigilants of Stendarr who visited the city...

Hi blueraga
Well OK then, Thanks. :smile:
I was thinking that I'm going to start the quest allover again. and do it a different way.
so I uncheck it, and I'll now turn it back on to start it again. :thumbsup:
---------------------
At the moment I'm playing ( Qaxe's Questorium by Qaxe Qaixaci.)

Edited by soulgamers

This may upset some Star Wars fans and if you haven't seen Rogue One...[spoiler ALERT] I was amazed that the Actor (Peter Cushing) portraying the Admiral in the Death Star who has been dead for 20 years was completely CGI, yet when Princess Leah makes a brief appearance, it is as if C3PO's projection was used to create the image.

My first thought was, "There are GAMER hobbyists who produce mediocre Mods that are of better graphic quality than this." It kind of begs the question, "Do the communities play well together?"..."Do they play at all?"

Edited by baldingduck

Great interview, I was curious about this having just discovered Forgotten City is on SSE, cant wait to install and try it out, it looks awesome. Oh & love the icecream analogy and the George Carlin quote XD

I was also disappointed to see the paid mods thing go down, honestly I couldn't figure what the big hullabaloo was about, over on Steam, hordes of zombies flooded ALL discussion forums and a whole lot of other BS, communist uprising? lol, I dunno... AFAIC if you don't want to buy something, then don't... simple.

Not many people have unlimited time to spare, paid mods may have helped with that. It seems you still got a lot of value out of offering your free mod though, so its not a total loss by any means, albeit unsustainable in the long haul. Anyhow, you'll feel great as sales for your new game fill your creative coffers & nurture your next ventures. Best of luck to you!

One thing ive told a few of my modder friends in other games, if they really want to do an uber epic mod, attempt to work directly with the game developer (if possible) and release as a paid DLC, that sidesteps the biggest problem inherent in communities of all types, the "tyranny of the majority"... strait up democracy is broken, the Greeks showed us that ages ago. lol

In response to post #47156600.

macrocosm144 wrote: Great interview, I was curious about this having just discovered Forgotten City is on SSE, cant wait to install and try it out, it looks awesome. Oh & love the icecream analogy and the George Carlin quote XD

I was also disappointed to see the paid mods thing go down, honestly I couldn't figure what the big hullabaloo was about, over on Steam, hordes of zombies flooded ALL discussion forums and a whole lot of other BS, communist uprising? lol, I dunno... AFAIC if you don't want to buy something, then don't... simple.

Not many people have unlimited time to spare, paid mods may have helped with that. It seems you still got a lot of value out of offering your free mod though, so its not a total loss by any means, albeit unsustainable in the long haul. Anyhow, you'll feel great as sales for your new game fill your creative coffers & nurture your next ventures. Best of luck to you!

One thing ive told a few of my modder friends in other games, if they really want to do an uber epic mod, attempt to work directly with the game developer (if possible) and release as a paid DLC, that sidesteps the biggest problem inherent in communities of all types, the "tyranny of the majority"... strait up democracy is broken, the Greeks showed us that ages ago. lol

Thanks for the support and advice, Macrocosm!