Does Anyone Use a 4K TV as a Monitor? How much input lag do you get?

I ask because, after much research I bought a 4K Samsung 40 in KU6300... And it had the worst input lag I've ever seen. I returned it within the hour. Anyone have personal recommendations? As cheap as possible preferably.

I ask because, after much research I bought a 4K Samsung 40 in KU6300... And it had the worst input lag I've ever seen. I returned it within the hour. Anyone have personal recommendations? As cheap as possible preferably.

Samsung TV's aren't known for there speed, also if your going for cheap as possible you are going to have a bad experience.

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ku6300

This review says it isn't bad for gaming

Edited by Erik005

Samsung TV's aren't known for there speed, also if your going for cheap as possible you are going to have a bad experience.

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ku6300

This review says it isn't bad for gaming

That is THE EXACT one that I bought! And yet it had 100 ms of lag. I have since bought another one--a Vizio 40 inch that's supposed to be the very freaking best for input lag (http://ca.rtings.com/tv/tests/inputs/input-lag)--ANd I'm still getting 100ms plus! PLEASE HELP! (And don't say "turn on game mode" of course I turned on game mode.)

How do you have your pc hooked up to it?

Using my laptop via HDMI.

I hooked my desktop up to the Samsung Ku6300 and it was noticably laggy, so I unhooked and tested the lag with my laptop. 100ms. On this TV I skipped straight to testing and got the same results, so I haven't hooked my desktop up to it yet.

Edited by RS13

I doubt it's either. I used a Lenovo Y700 and an Apple Macbook from 2015. I used an old Belkin HDMI cable and a Rocket Fish cable that I bought just today. Same results either way.

Edited by RS13

OK, so I've screwed around with this a little more... and things are weird. So someone suggested the lag might be a product of mirroring, so I hooked the tv up to my desktop and there's that lag. But then I opened up Dishonored (which I had set to 1080p) just to see how it would run and the *menu* was running at 30 fps. I screwed around with things some more and found that

1. Things seem to smoother with THE GAME at 4K and the desktop at 1080p then with the desktop at 4K and the game at 1080p.

1A. This doesn't seem to change regardless of whether the game in fullscreen or borderless window.

2. My PC thinks I have a 120hz refresh rate. I get the option to change it both in game and in NVidia control panel. I don't. I have 60 fps with backlight strobing. Which is turned off.

2A. But even when I set vsync to 120hz, it's locked at 60.

3. Other weird results: In Dishonored, setting the game to 4k locks the mouse cursor in the upper right quardrant of the screen. In Doom, setting the game to 1440p locks the frame rate at 30 (I get higher at 4K).

Anyone got any idea what this means?