Where to sell expensive items ?

Bancai

So, i invested in a shop with the speech perk, and the guy has 1400 gold and my enchanted axe costs 2100 gold, where the hell do i sell this item ?

* One option is finding a shopkeeper who is also a trainer you want and if you train first then they have more gold. At least this works for me.

* Another option is find someone who sells stuff you want and buy and sell back (like spellbooks or soul gems or something like that if you need it)

* Another - and this could be a mod - so I'm not 100% sure - for some reason the trader in Riverwood has 10k gold. I dunno why.

That's what comes to mind right off the bat.

One thing i usualy do when that happens is i find someone who sells a lot of Soul Gems and i buy lots of soul gems from him . Usualy that makes them rich enough to buy the expensive item i have to sell. You can never realy have too many soul gems in this game if you're using enchanted weapons or staves . I personnaly never use staves but i often give staves to my followers and god knows they LOVE to use them . You give them a staff of fire ball and you can be sure that they will incinerate everything that moves lol. You give them a Staff of summon Storm Atronach and you can be sure that they will be summoning one everytime they see a Mud Crab. You give them a Staff of Paralysis and they will even paralyse people who are already paralysed. Now if you give two staves to your follower , you can be sure that he will equip one in each hand and nuke the hell out of everything . Give your follower 15 staves and you can be sure to see a beautifull display of colors and fireworks because YES i'm sure you've guessed it , he will use all of them.

So basicly, trading expensive items for soul gems seems to be the most profitable way to go .

Skyrim needs a sort of traveling market like a merchant ship which travels to Solitude every so often and has like 20k+ in the pot, should clear up the problem :)

now there's an idea :thumbsup:

of course, if i'm a thief, nothing is safe...

Edited by channel0

So many replies :blush:

* One option is finding a shopkeeper who is also a trainer you want and if you train first then they have more gold. At least this works for me.

* Another option is find someone who sells stuff you want and buy and sell back (like spellbooks or soul gems or something like that if you need it)

* Another - and this could be a mod - so I'm not 100% sure - for some reason the trader in Riverwood has 10k gold. I dunno why.

That's what comes to mind right off the bat.

* I have pretty much every spellbook there is

* I did the thing with soulgems once but that's not an option, i enchant things with grand soulgems and then sell the axe that alone costs 1500 and the soulgem costs 500 to buy. nope, not gonna work for me

* that's a bug

One thing i usualy do when that happens is i find someone who sells a lot of Soul Gems and i buy lots of soul gems from him . Usualy that makes them rich enough to buy the expensive item i have to sell. You can never realy have too many soul gems in this game if you're using enchanted weapons or staves . I personnaly never use staves but i often give staves to my followers and god knows they LOVE to use them . You give them a staff of fire ball and you can be sure that they will incinerate everything that moves lol. You give them a Staff of summon Storm Atronach and you can be sure that they will be summoning one everytime they see a Mud Crab. You give them a Staff of Paralysis and they will even paralyse people who are already paralysed. Now if you give two staves to your follower , you can be sure that he will equip one in each hand and nuke the hell out of everything . Give your follower 15 staves and you can be sure to see a beautifull display of colors and fireworks because YES i'm sure you've guessed it , he will use all of them.

So basicly, trading expensive items for soul gems seems to be the most profitable way to go .

I know, Lydia uses the staffs like they are make-up for modern woman. She has 10-12 staffs in her inventory,instead of using the nice ebony enchanted warhammer i gived her, she uses all of the staffs until they run out of juice.

Skyrim needs a sort of traveling market like a merchant ship which travels to Solitude every so often and has like 20k+ in the pot, should clear up the problem :)

That's a brilliant ideea, just w8 for the CK to come out and someone will hopefully do that.

If you invest with Lucan Valerius at Riverwood Trader in Riverwood, south of Whiterun, he will have 10,000+ septims at his disposal to purchase all of your valuable items.

That's a bug.

If you enchanted the axe yourself, just sell it to him for 1400, you can always make more where that came from.

Nope, not an option for me.

Nope, not an option for me.

Because you lose what again? Instead of 1000000 gold you do not know what to spent it on you only have 500000 with no good use? When greed gets in your own ways ... :armscrossed: You can make endless amount of money, by buying any soul gem and weapon (doesnt matter even puny do), enchant both and sell em back with 1000 gold profit each. So why crybaby if someone gives you only 700, if you have an endless supply?

Edited by faifh