FPS Counter on Desktop

RS13

I know there was a way with fraps back then for windows 7 with it's aero themes... but due to the lack of them under Windwos 8 and 10 I don't know if fraps can still do it.
Also I'm almost sure, that there's no other program out there for it, cause the fps counters I know, like MSI Afterburner+Rivatuner, evga precision x (which I'm both using and can't do it ... or I'm just blind) and so on can't get fps values for the desktop and only for actual directx applications.

And yes it's a bit weird :D cause why on earth would fps matter on desktop... except it stutters like hell or something like that.

Oh great, I'm on windows 7! Do you how to do it with FRAPS? The short version of the long story is I just got a new 4K TV and I had been getting what I thought was really bad input lag, but I'm starting to suspect that I'm actually getting really low FPS in desktop. Which is weird because I can get fairly high frame rates at 4K in game, but I get much worse framerates and far more stuttering when the desktop is set to 4K.

Edited by RS13

I think there was a button for "monitor aero desktop" and with the desktop theme set to aero it should work. In my case it was for recording my desktop, which somehow wouldn't work otherwise.
Maybe some things have changed since then (my information are probably 2 or more years old ^^) but when I googled it there were still some tutorial out there (something like "fraps aero monitor fps" or so).

For the general aspects of frap, like how to show the fps, there should also be plenty of instructions on youtube if needed.

Would be worth a try ^^