Screenshots do not save

Zephyr102

I reinstalled Fallout 3 last night after finally upgrading to Windows 7 about a week ago. Hitting F12 gives me the usual screenshot message, but it doesn't seem to actually be saving them. I checked my CFGs, and they say screenshots are enabled. Does the screenshot directory change in Win7? Should I switch to a compatibility mode? Or do I need to fiddle with more permissions for FO3 to be able to write to its own folder?

Tried simply using GrabCaptureScreen, but it just saves a big black JPEG. Same if I hit PrtScrn regularly and try to paste it in an image editor. Would really like to get screens to help diagnose an issue I'm having with DarnUI.

Thanks in advance.

Nope, it's a DVD install, GOTY edition.

I tried PrintScreen and F12 (the latter used to be the key I used for saving them) and no files show up in the Fallout 3 directory. When I get back to my gaming rig, I'll try switching off UAC, maybe fiddle around with compatibility modes. I know UAC was giving FOMM a fit, maybe the same applies to the game itself.

I hate finding solutions AFTER posting. Switched Windows UAC all the way off, and now PrtScrn indeed saves bitmaps. Might also be that I moved FO3 out of the Program Files (x86) folder, which I've heard can cause issues.

Now to try getting ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated working again, and then DarnUI. *crosses fingers*

Edited by DJZephyr