Patch 1.3.1 Issue

Limey6587

Earlier today I finally decided to allow steam to update skyrim from 1.2 to 1.3, in order to try out a mod which required the update.

What a complete mistake that turned out to be >:(

The first thing I noticed when loading the game was that all the textures I had installed no longer functioned properly. My toons face was flickering black, the world texture packs no longer showing up and when I pressed ESC everything turned green. Oh and Lag wow... The last time I saw a game stutter so bad was when I tried to run Oblivion on my old Pentium 1.2.

After some searching I found out that the flickering issue was caused by Skyrim no longer supporting AMD Crossfire. (grrrr)

Turned that off, but now I open the game and everything looks horrid. Everything has a fuzzy blocky low res look to it.

I have tried re-installing my graphics driver and rolling back my graphics driver. Nothing works.

Worst of all it is still choppy! The game looks horrible and it's un-playable.

Does anyone have any idea what to do?

My system specs are:

- Intel i7 950 @ 3.07GHz

- 12gb Ram (sorry I don't remember the frequency)

- GPU 2 Radeon HD 6970's crossfired

- Win7 64bit Sp1

- (not sure what else may be relevant. Just ask me, I'll do my best to answer)

I was using a widescreen fix for the menus so I could run it at 5760X1080.

Untill now I had very few problems. It was running fairly smooth around 25-30Fps on ultra settings plus HD texture packs for just about everything I could replace.

Sorry I don't have a screen-shot as I can barely navigate the menus on Low settings due to choppines.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris.

That I'm afraid is a no go... :wallbash:

I opened the properties > prev versions. But un-fortunatly there is nothing there.

I'm bloody sad now.

I do want to thank you Lutine for trying to help me though.

Cheers,

Chris.

After much swearing and a half a pack of cigarettes later... :nuke:

I noticed that not only were Skyrims textures dumbed down, every game I own looks like it's 10 years old. After un-installing my video drivers (then manually deleting them with divice manager). I seem to have gotten things working with other games I own.

I must admit I am not keen to try running skyrim just yet. At least untill I have some idea how a steam patch can break a video card driver.

Cheers,

Chris.

I never had the back-wards flying dragon issue. As for the resistances thing I haven't used that sort of kit (always went for stuff that made me cause more damamge than avoid it ;) )

Though I have no doubt that the 1.2 patch caused a lot of problems, I could at least use my crossfire on my vid cards without major graphical issues and could run the game on ultra with around 30fps in busy areas.

Now with 1.3 I can't play the game at the lowest settings with better than 5-10 fps.

Cheers

Chris.