Wikipedia is shutting down for 24 hours

brokenergy

Anyway tried to get on the Wiki page today to get the item codes for a couple alchemy ingredients in Skyrim,

Just for future reference, the ingame console command "help" can be used to search through most of the forms in the game. So can do something like "help heart 4" and it will list all the forms that have "heart" in their name (including mod added I think). I isn't perfect for commonly named things, but does make it a lot easier.

Good thing my last project was due today. Great timing! :biggrin:

I could be wrong. but I'd like to think whoever gave you that project would be willing to give an extension if the 24hr blackout affected your ability to meet your deadline.

Yup its blocked the item codes :sad: , its a good thing its not permanent. Actaully I'm all for it infact. :smile:

Go wiki..

http://elderscrolls....m_Codes_(Skyrim)

If anyone has the skill to copy and paste less then a micro second and place them here would be a life saver :tongue:

I hate to say it, but uesp is still up. I tend to prefer it over Wikia.

http://www.uesp.net

Not sure if you can get a full list, but if not, you can find that codes to the items on their individual pages. You can do that, or you can do as Vagrant suggested.

Edited by Syco21

Go to Google. Search for your term you want to find on Wikipedia. Click on "cached" link. Like, for instance, if you wanted to read about Newt Gingrich.

No, for now, you cannot edit or see more recently edited pages. And bypassing the blackout is in a way ignoring the problem they see on the horizon. But, if you're looking for something, just remember that Google does have cached pages of a LOT of stuff, so you can probably find it, even if it's outdated by a few hours.

Wikipedia doesn't mind if you try to bypass it. From their FAQ:

Is it still possible to access Wikipedia in any way?

Yes. During the blackout, Wikipedia is accessible on mobile devices and smart phones. You can also view Wikipedia normally by disabling JavaScript in your browser, as explained on this Technical FAQ page. Our purpose here isn't to make it completely impossible for people to read Wikipedia, and it's okay for you to circumvent the blackout. We just want to make sure you see our message.

Wikipedia doesn't mind if you try to bypass it. From their FAQ:

Is it still possible to access Wikipedia in any way?

Yes. During the blackout, Wikipedia is accessible on mobile devices and smart phones. You can also view Wikipedia normally by disabling JavaScript in your browser, as explained on this Technical FAQ page. Our purpose here isn't to make it completely impossible for people to read Wikipedia, and it's okay for you to circumvent the blackout. We just want to make sure you see our message.

Smart phones are mobile devices, thanks for the redundancy, Wiki guy (;

If they are ok with it, why not have a "Continue to Wikipedia" link or something, that lets you get past the page?

Either way, it's their website, they can do with it as they please, whether they want to protest a bill or whatever, that's their right. (For now :sad: )

Yeah...so I go on my Google Chrome just a few minutes before, all of which has been replaced with government messages and a convienient "Ask.com internet assistant search engine". I don't even like Ask.com. In fact, I hate it, and I hate SOPA too.

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE. :mad:

why cant our government go along with the "land of the free" stuff and have LESS laws not MORE

it always seems that other countries have more freedom that us over here. not all countries, obviously, but a lot of them do.

In my opinion, its because those countries are smaller. the government in those countries can get a more accurate picture of what their people need and want, so a centralized federeal government works well. In a country as huge, diverse, and as populated as the US, its harder for congress to see what is needed for there states. How does a senetor or represenitive that lives in DC and has probably has had quite a privelidged upbringing know what is needed for the average person thousands of miles away on the other side of the country in the state that elected them? In my opinion, its the state that should do most of the governing, not the federeal government. But, thats just my opinion, I don't want someone to start a pointless debate over this.