Mod Compatibility Question with MGSO

neosildrake

I have recently installed MGSO and despite me having only a medium Pc it runs well, except for the fact that it hangs up when I try to exit the game. But that's not really the problem. I want to install some aditional mods but no matter what or which mod, there's always some error popping up. At one point a global variable cannot be found, another time a master.esp is missing or a graphic reference isn't accurate. Some mods advise that they be "loaded after another certain mod", but how do I make sure they do that?

I am big fan of expansion mods like MCA, Balmora Expansion, Mournhold Expanded, Tamriel Rebuild, Vivec Expansion, Havish and such. (Also CoM, Ravenloft and The Underground 2) Could someone tell me in what order those mods should be installed or if they are even compatible with MGSO? Or if they are even compatible with each other. Since MGSO has been recently updated and some of the mods I wish to install are already some years old or at least not recently updated, I'm not sure if overwriting existing files after installing MGSO with files from older mods is a good idea. Even when I deactivate the plug-in, the files would still be changed after all. I do not have the patience to make a backup everytime I install a mod.

I also do not understand much about FPS and such things, but I see that people complain about FPS a lot. What would be a good FPS rate for medium PCs (according to MGSO)? Should I activate the "Keep FPS constant" in MGE? What should I set the cells in "Draw Distance" and the sizes in "Use Distant Static" to?

FPS is the measure of you're game's basic run speed. It's better to maintain it at something like 60.

Dragging and dropping on you're mod list readjusts load order, which helps mods a lot. Usually older mods (such as a mod has a version 6.0 but you want 4.5) don't work with a MM that has preferably seen updated files.

Also be sure you're game is fully patched. If you need links to patches, just let me know.