SOPA Strike?

FlyingHigh10000000

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now if people could only cry this loudly over our crappy foreign policy...

Africa, parts of Asia/Middle East, Mexico and most of South America are much further away than Facebook and Wikipedia... Oh, foreign policy... For a moment I thought you were talking about corrupt governments and gross human rights violations which are constantly being swept under the rug by the media or companies who have a stake in nothing changing in those regions.

But I digress... If there's one constant in politics it's that important issues are usually shelved until they start to impact business deals related to a company that is paying large sums of money to campaigns. This is a fund-rasing election year afterall.

Anyway...

"It is clear that we need to revisit the approach on how best to address the problem of foreign thieves that steal and sell American inventions and products," Smith said in a statement.

:facepalm:

:wallbash: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Have they tried looking to China?

"Criminals who do nothing but peddle in counterfeit products and stolen American content are smugly watching how the United States Senate decided it was not even worth debating how to stop the overseas criminals from draining our economy," Leahy said.

Or one of the hundreds of other countries who have complex bootlegging schemes that don't involve American sites or in most cases the free web? Even *not allowed* is only a small fraction of the greater problem. Sorry, but there is "oblivious" and "blind as f***". These comments speak to the later... How is blocking U.S. Citizens from accessing these sites (through a DNS block no less) going to change FOREIGN thieves' behavior exactly?

Yes, and this is why I love Barak Obama: He understands Free Speech. I mean come on. Constitutional Law professor.

I am seriously on the floor laughing right now. You have NO IDEA.

As for Megaupload: http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2012/01/why-the-feds-smashed-megaupload.ars

They had it coming, in spades, and then some.

That article is a joke. It describes their spending as if the very corporate CEOs and movie stars that wanted them hunted down didn't do the same. This article also claims guilt when there hasn't even been a trial. What a poor piece of "journalism".