Any Word On The Creation Kit?

falloutperson416

Well as much as I hate to say it, if I see another game I want ill be buying that and not looking back.

Theres couple games I want this month, if bugthesda prove they cant release it soon, Im done with this......if they release another elder scrolls after this......im already considering not getting it based on this

I'll still get the next one, but I will refrain from purchasing it until it's construction set/construction kit has been released.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as much as I hate to say it, if I see another game I want ill be buying that and not looking back.

Theres couple games I want this month, if bugthesda prove they cant release it soon, Im done with this......if they release another elder scrolls after this......im already considering not getting it based on this

I'll still get the next one, but I will refrain from purchasing it until it's construction set/construction kit has been released.

The same here, but that's only if it isn't as dumbed down and half-assed.

What time zone is Bethesda based in? I am thinking that it will be February 1st in their timezone within 5 hours. So that means we will definitely have the CK within 5 hours. (So says the optimist.)

Now as for my pessimistic side, Skyrim is used up and played out and my kind of mods can not be built without the CK. So I guess it is time to move on and go buy a new video game. Does anyone have any good suggestions for what game to buy?

Edited by David Brasher

So how many of the people who were saying we should be patient are going to come out and admit that the naysayers were right? That's what I would like to know. People were pessimistic, and SOME people told them to shut up because they were out of their depths. Those people [the critics] deserve apologies. They were right. Edited by Linsolv

Oh, the irony! Those poor guys just can't win.

When the game was released, Bethesda was criticized for sticking to an arbitrary release date and therefore releasing an unfinished product. When they would not give a date for the CK release, they were criticized for not communicating this important information to the players. They quick-released a buggy patch and were criticized for the debacle that became. They enacted a beta program for patches and were criticized for using people who bought the game as beta testers. They give us a date for the CK and a new, beta-tested (and therefore hopefully working and effective) patch. They missed that date because, apparently, the software is not yet bug-free. Now we criticize them for not keeping their promised dates.

The point is that the only way they can make everyone happy is to give us a date for something (because if they don't, then they're not communicating with us), preferably ASAP (or we'll likely criticize them for taking so long). Then release whatever they promised us, first thing in the morning (because we'll be complaining by noon) and in pristine working condition (but without beta testing by players). I don't think that's ever going to happen. So they probably won't ever be able to make us happy. So I say again: Those poor guys just can't win. :tongue:

Here is the word on the creation kit. They had it done when they launched the game but they could not release it because the workshop was not complete. It is highly likely steam owns rights or there are other legal frameworks that are going to restrict it. It will get released when steam integration is complete.

After all the years of Bethesda really backing the free flow of modding I think they finally gave in and changed.

I would not be surprised at all if steam monitors ck use in some way since it will be likely you will need to launch steam to use the ck itself.

The confusion and amount of hackery that has had to go on because we did not just get the ck and also can not look directly at patches is just a slap in the face to the modding community in general.

As far as finishing touches on the ck. It is a set of tools. The game was ready after the tools. finishing touches is all steam stuff.

Nexus is not ready for the changes this vampiric workshop is going to bring. This particular community in general is going to change a lot from skyrim until the next tes game.

sad but true...

Edited by rabidNode