Any Word On The Creation Kit?

falloutperson416

Oh, the irony! Those poor guys just can't win.

When the game was released, Bethesda was criticized for sticking to an arbitrary release date and therefore releasing an unfinished product. When they would not give a date for the CK release, they were criticized for not communicating this important information to the players. They quick-released a buggy patch and were criticized for the debacle that became. They enacted a beta program for patches and were criticized for using people who bought the game as beta testers. They give us a date for the CK and a new, beta-tested (and therefore hopefully working and effective) patch. They missed that date because, apparently, the software is not yet bug-free. Now we criticize them for not keeping their promised dates.

The point is that the only way they can make everyone happy is to give us a date for something (because if they don't, then they're not communicating with us), preferably ASAP (or we'll likely criticize them for taking so long). Then release whatever they promised us, first thing in the morning (because we'll be complaining by noon) and in pristine working condition (but without beta testing by players). I don't think that's ever going to happen. So they probably won't ever be able to make us happy. So I say again: Those poor guys just can't win. :tongue:

Or they could do like companies that dont make games or movies do, If i say ill have such and such done by a certain time and its not quality or complete i get canned. So heres what i do i actually set a time and or date that i complete that in if i have unforeseen problems i get some help to complete that goal it cost the company more but they save face by completing the goal in the time they set. Beth is real close to getting canned for me they'll do fine without my 60 dollars next time i'm sure but im also not the only one who feels this way.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, the irony! Those poor guys just can't win.

When the game was released, Bethesda was criticized for sticking to an arbitrary release date and therefore releasing an unfinished product. When they would not give a date for the CK release, they were criticized for not communicating this important information to the players. They quick-released a buggy patch and were criticized for the debacle that became. They enacted a beta program for patches and were criticized for using people who bought the game as beta testers. They give us a date for the CK and a new, beta-tested (and therefore hopefully working and effective) patch. They missed that date because, apparently, the software is not yet bug-free. Now we criticize them for not keeping their promised dates.

The point is that the only way they can make everyone happy is to give us a date for something (because if they don't, then they're not communicating with us), preferably ASAP (or we'll likely criticize them for taking so long). Then release whatever they promised us, first thing in the morning (because we'll be complaining by noon) and in pristine working condition (but without beta testing by players). I don't think that's ever going to happen. So they probably won't ever be able to make us happy. So I say again: Those poor guys just can't win. :tongue:

Or they could do like companies that dont make games or movies do, If i say ill have such and such done by a certain time and its not quality or complete i get canned. So heres what i do i actually set a time and or date that i complete that in if i have unforeseen problems i get some help to complete that goal it cost the company more but they save face by completing the goal in the time they set. Beth is real close to getting canned for me they'll do fine without my 60 dollars next time i'm sure but im also not the only one who feels this way.

I can see your point. However, I don't think debugging software is quite like that. They set a date and the product isn't ready. They can't just bring in more hands to get the job done faster. Nor is there an uber expert they can call on who's just going to walk in and say "Oh, here's your problem." They can't even just fire everybody and hire better talent. They've already got the best they could find. And from rabidNode's post, if there's legal issues holding something back, then everything is out the window until the lawyers get around to picking it up.

I've no doubt that as a company, they're doing their level best to produce. But they can't win that race, no matter how hard they try. So they have my sympathy, even as I grind my teeth waiting for the next patch and the CK.

I wish they would have not got involved with steam.What a pain in the ars..I have been a silent hunter player for years and when the latest silent hunter came out it is was buggy as hell and you had to have an always on internet connection to play the game..I didnt buy it..so ended my loyalty to the silent hunter series..I hope the same dont happen with the fallout and the elder scrolls series..I am becoming a very sad pc gamer theses days..

I hope bethesda dont let us down as I have always held them in high standing when it comes to game creation and easy open content for modders to do there magic..I wont doom and gloom but wait and see how things go..hope for the best.

"does anyone know if nifscope has been updated for skyrim"

Thanks to all you great modders past,present and in the future for many hours of great gaming and fun....

Tim

Frustrating... I do think Bethesda missed a HUGE opportunity here by not having the CK out sooner. People move on. When you have the kit on day one everyone is excited and jumps right in creating new content and exciting mods while everyone is still pumped up and playing the game. Now we are getting to a timeframe where most people who have purchased have done so... and many people have already run through the existing content many times. By now, if the CK was out there would be tons of new content that players would be swimming in. Instead their attention is going elsewhere.

Sadly from a business perspective I believe they did use people a bit and i believe the big opportunities of the CK are fleeting. They pumped the CK and constantly made game purchasers feel it was just around the corner. Here it we are in Feburary. and it is still just around the corner.

Great game...but i don't blame people for being a bit angry that three months out and no CK. I'm all for getting it right but I think that with a CK you can release in a far more raw form. Modders would have made it work and could have dealt with some bugs here and there. Instead nothing.

Now Bethesda may as well wait until they have an expansion ready and then release the CK with the expansion with another big round of media blitz and a special price if you buy the orig game + expansion.

Oh Bethesda - as much as I do enjoy your games, I knew you were biting off more than you could chew with this one. Building a new patch AND releasing the CK on time? Tsk tsk, you knew it would be either one or the other being on time, not both.

But, you know what Bethesda? I still love you guys, especially since you put up with me and everyone else whining about the CK being late. We flame because we love you guys.

As for me...well, I'll be playing Morrowind. Feel free to drop me a wizard from the sky when the CK is released, Bethesda. I'll be waiting patiently. :3