Duplicating modded weapons, armor?

blackhand8657

Go in to workshop mode, build two containers of any kind.

1) go in to the console, get the ID #s of each container. We'll use 01BOX1 and 01BOX2

2) put the items you want to duplicate in to the container 01BOX1.

3) back in the console, type

01B0X1.duplicateallitems 01BOX2

4) get your newly duplicated items out of Box2.

you can expand on this with a simple batch file if you want, for something like

01Box1.duplicateallitems 01Box2
01Box2.removeitems 14

what that does is duplicates what is in box 1 and puts it in box 2, and then takes it out of box 2 and puts it in the player's inventory.

This makes an exact duplicate of the item, all mods included. I use it to dupe uniform setups and weapons for my more militant and organized settlements.

With the above, be aware that Box2 needs to be empty. duplicateallitems effectively erases the contents of the targeted box (in this example, 01box2) and you can't get that stuff back. empty it out between uses of the console command.

Also, if you put 20x of the same item in box1, you will get 40x of that item in box 2.

There is a way to type the console command "player.placeatme" so that items already have selected OMOD's installed on them I believe. But I don't know of any way of mass replicating a modded item,

'twould be nice if Bugthesda or the modding community gave us a "template" system for both the crafting benches and the workshop. Like creating a new custom recipe "on the fly" as it were for items. Not sure how you'd go about it for the workshop though, maybe tap into the pre-combined mesh system perhaps?

If were talking about potentially converting or applying recipes to objects in game on-the-fly, then the precombined system would have to be disabled similar to why it needs to be when you have Spring cleaning. I think this would be hard to make anyway as dynamic objects seem to enter in and out of save files quite a bit, so flagging something from in game as dynamic when it was loaded to be static might not work out as planned. But if we're talking about say saving a template for an item like a weapon so you can auto-apply mods loadout if you have the material, that would be an idea. In fact there are templates the games uses to spawn certain modded loadouts (for example Pipe Gun is just called Pipe in xEdit) - and mods like Do it Yourshelf and Functional displays rely on this info to display your weapons on a rack etc.

How to make a dynamic template system though is beyond me, but we've seen stranger things ;)

Go in to workshop mode, build two containers of any kind.

1) go in to the console, get the ID #s of each container. We'll use 01BOX1 and 01BOX2

2) put the items you want to duplicate in to the container 01BOX1.

3) back in the console, type

01B0X1.duplicateallitems 01BOX2

4) get your newly duplicated items out of Box2.

you can expand on this with a simple batch file if you want, for something like

01Box1.duplicateallitems 01Box2
01Box2.removeitems 14

what that does is duplicates what is in box 1 and puts it in box 2, and then takes it out of box 2 and puts it in the player's inventory.

This makes an exact duplicate of the item, all mods included. I use it to dupe uniform setups and weapons for my more militant and organized settlements.

this worked perfectly, saved me alot of time. now my guard settlers are properly equipped: full combat armor and Morita rifles, Marine armor for castle guards. but like SMB92 said, it makes ya feel a little guilty that its free, but anytime i've done things like this i just deduct the caps value from inventory to try and balance it out.

thanks again for this