[LE] Removing a armor through creation kit

Aiyatani

Hey Nexus,

I recently downloaded TERA Armor Collection by Frigus(Love it!) and everything was fine until I got to the Elleon armor set. I ctd every other time I mouse over it in the forge list. The textures are all messed up on every piece of it. All the other armors work fin and look like the photos. I read one of the fixes for this issue is to remove it through creation kit. Since I don't really like the armor itself(It's a nice armor just not my favorite from the pack) I downloaded the creation kit to try and remove it. I just don't know how to do it. Anyone that has experience with the creation kit and deleting parts of mods please help me out I would appreciate it. I've only been modding off and on for a few months. I'm still pretty new at this so you may have to do a step by step or point me to a video that might help. The ctd's are driving me nuts and I'm pretty sure it's this armor since I wasn't crashing this much yesterday before I downloaded this mod.

Thank you in advance for any help.

*Added some pictures of the bugged texture. That I meant to add at the beginning.*

Edited by Aiyatani

An armor is comprised of 4 parts in the CK. The armor itself, the armor addon, the recipe and the temper recipe. In order to delete the armor, you need to delete these 4 things in the CK. Follow this video and you might get a sense of what I mean. It's a tutorial for how you actually make a custom armor but it also informs you on how to delete an armor.

• The armor itself is pretty self-explanatory. It's the armor itself. In the CK it's probably named something like ElleonAmorCuirass
  • The armor addon is the reference for the model which tells what races can wear it, male/female and such. It's probably named ElleonAmorCuirassAA
  • The recipe is the recipe for the armor. It tells what materials are required to actually craft the armor. It's probably named RecipeElleonAmorCuirass
  • The temper recipe is the recipe for what material is required to upgrade the armor. Like when you take the armor to a workbench. It's probably named TemperElleonAmorCuirass

Hope this information helps.

Also, this isn't required but I recommend you delete the appropriate nifs and textures used by the armor in the game. They can usually be found in the meshes and textures folder. But this can be a bit tricky if you don't know what you're looking for since you might end up deleting a nif used by a different armor and then ruining that armor.

If you want to stay on the safe side, stick to my first comment.

Thank you for your helpful response!

I just have a few questions if you don't mind helping out a bit more.

Okay if I understand this correctly I load the tera armor files into the creation kit. Then hunt through the list for elleon written like you mentioned or similar and just right click on them and delete? After all that do I save or anything? The video didn't mention actually deleting anything I just saw delete on the pop up menu when he duplicated the armor parts.

I think I found it and all of it's parts. The armors actually have their in-game name listed so it made it easier. There's 58 total cuirass's(some enchanted versions of the original) in the list and for some reason #41 through 47E don't have previews the gloves and boots are the same way, but I know they work in-game except for Elleon is that normal? Some objects having previews and others don't?

If I delete just the parts having to do with elleon it shouldn't mess anything else up right?

I'm sorry for all the newbie questions I just don't want to break anything big by messing around in the ck. I wan't to make sure I completely understand before I start deleting stuff.

You can actually do this with TesVEdit. It is easier to dig through the esp with TesVEdit. Looking in the armor section, you can sort the column by name which shows the ingame name. This will also tell you the name of the addon which will tell you where the nif (mesh) and dds (texture) files are named and located. If your paranoia level is as high as mine, make a backup copy of the esp and put it somewhere ( I have a paranoia folder). Just right click the name in the left pane and select "remove".

I'm not the most experienced myself, I only explain the method that worked for me when I did something similar. Kroekr probably knows more and if you should take it from someone, take it from him. I personally only use TesVEdit for cleaning up my own esp's but it might be an easier method of going about this. I did something similar with the "Black Mage Armor" mod. All I basically did was extract the BSA, deleted all the textures and nifs I didn't need using CK and then left what I needed alone, and it worked like a charm.

As to your questions, if the gloves and boots don't have previews but do work then it shouldn't be something to worry about, to my knowledge. And yes, after you're confident that you've removed that which you do not need then you save the changes before closing down CK. Also, like Kroekr said, if your paranoia level is over 9000 then you can always back up the mod you're editing, so if you encounter any problems you can easily reactivate the mod before any changes were made. I do it too from time to time so it can be useful.

Both of your ideas are really good and I was able to find the armor in ck and tesvedit. I am a little paranoid that's why I'm asking so many questions(hehe). Will removing it through tesvedit get rid of everything meshes, textures and the recipes? It shows the recipes in the referenced by tab.

I found a couple folders in my data folder that matches the name in the model filename so I know where that much of it is. I see the nif mentioned, but not the dds.

Edited by Aiyatani

The references need to be removed from the Constructible Object section. Also, neither the CK not TesVEdit remove the actual meshes, just the reference to them. They have to be removed from data/meshes(textures) pathways manually.

Now I really am lost guess I should of made more coffee before rereading all this.

Okay hopefully I understand correctly first use CK or TesVEdit and remove the references then go to the data folder and delete the mesh/texture folder that goes with it? That should get rid of it completely or is there something else that I need to do?

I am not sure I had enough coffee in me for my last post. Let me try this again.

In the Constructible Object section (as viewed in TesVEdit) you will find entries for both tempering and creating each item the mod offers as being creatable or temperable. Remove the entries for the armor you want to remove from the mod for both tempering and creating.

Just delete the individual meshes and textures for the problem armor. If they come inside of their own folder you can do it that way. Just do not delete the mesh or texture folder for the entire mod.

The dds file will be under Data/Textures