Clipping Issues

cecil101

I modded the imperial medium armor for females to work with the CBBE body. I have never modded anything in my life untill this (never used blender or nifskope either). So, when I ported the new armor into the game and tried it on it worked, but with clipping issues :wallbash: ... So, I guess im asking several things:

1. what causes clipping?

2. how do i fix it?

I was actually suprised to see that this is my only problem and other than that, It came out great!!

p.s. I love the wallbash

actually CBBE(Curvy, Slim version) tends to have ur character shorter than the default, that is why it's clipping so heavily, u'll need either 3ds max, blender or any similar to fix it

It's difficult to make "skin tight'' clothing as all the bones and vertex weights have to match pretty much perfectly, so that when you 'crouch' for instance the knees will bend at the same angle from the same bone at the same location to avoid the clipping ... AFAIK there is no way to make the armor part 'solid' so that nothing will clip through. Try it with the "Astrid" body mesh, It's pretty ordinary with a very unappealing pot belly in the _1 version but it's about the closest thing to a 'default' shape that BGS made.

(Although the 3D team at BGS consisted of 104 people, noone of them spoke the same language as any other or even new what any one else was doing, and had no leadership or even a 'guide' as to what they were supposed to do, That's why half the meshes don't match up or aren't even finished! Missing bones everywhere, dodgy scaling, pathetic shaping ... the list goes on)

Why do you think there are so many 'skimpy' armor mods? Because if you only have four or five 8pixel x 8pixel x 8pixel triangles of cloth in the "armor" you don't see any clipping Lol :biggrin:

yes it also an issue with weights, but sometimes it can work with just simply shaping it into CBBE, if its not very close or not to fit it into the skin/body, but it will be best to rebone weight again the particular armor that you want into the CBBE body...usually i prefer to cut/crop down the body that was causing the clipping (if the clipping on that part is hard to avoided)....just use blender coz its free, yes it can be difficult to use for first time, im not very good tho, but at least i know basic rigging..theres many tutorial around also, so might wanna search thats fit with you...

I just thought ... Are you using the same body mesh to put into the armor as your default "nude/undressed' mesh in game? I've had this issue sometimes if I've used an external (modded) body mesh inside the armor, only to find that Skyrim tries to fit the 'default' mesh into it instead ?!?!?! :confused: (or at least that's what seems to happen to me) I'm not sure how or why that happens.

I KNOW I use a default mesh in game, but I put a CBBE Slim mesh into the model in Nifskope, but strangely once in game, It's the default body mesh in my modded armor with clipping everywhere? (you can tell by the 'pot belly' of the BGS mesh) :wallbash:

the body mesh i believe is a slightly scaled down version of the cbbe. what your saying is that skyrim might be trying to restore the origional size of the cbbe body?

My armor is made to fit the origion cbbe body, not the scaled down version in my armor mod.