Steam workshop EULA

s73al7h

what bugs me is if people DO upload to steamworkshop and not nexus, i now need to search 2 places for mods... if everything is in 1 place i wont miss anything.

No different than it is now, not all modders upload their stuff here. There are quite a few that use other sites, for one reason or another. If you wanted to see all the mods hitting the internet you would have to search a half dozen+ places all the time.

• 4 years later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notwithstanding the license described in Section 6.A., Valve will only have the right to modify or create derivative works from your Workshop Contribution in the following cases: (a) Valve may make modifications necessary to make your Contribution compatible with Steam and the Workshop functionality or user interface, and (B) Valve or the applicable developer may make modifications to Workshop Contributions that are accepted for in-Application distribution as it deems necessary or desirable to enhance game play.(straight from Steam EULA un-edited in any way)

6. A discusses what they can do with your Intellectual Property (your self made mod) as long as you own and made the Texture its yours, same goes for any custom model and texture/module etc. You own all rights to you stuff they can only use it to make it A. Compatible with steam/steam-workshop B. to distribute in any form (EG Workshop/Curator/Advertising on main pages) and C. to implement into official patches, IF they do try to implement thou i believe if you are US or English origin you have a right to compensation as long of some form of the work is not created using valve software, if its all valve programs technically u used their property to make it. :)

on the fact that making the texture deems it your... if you RE SKIN an item say Chillrend and make it red, it is still THEIRS just not the texture, that is your soul intellectual property and they can use it only as stated. modify is just a technical legal term, they cant change the name and say no givie backsies. if you simply change the color by editing whats there thats different, it has to be a new texture completely really, that was just a poor example. best bet is make your own models guys/Gals!

Hope i helped with that one. you own the mod if your textures were made with any program not related to them.

as for perpetual, irrevocable - This means that once you've uploaded a mod, it stays there forever. This could be a concern to some. (posted by Lancer)

They do cover that if you choose to remove the item from workshop only those who have already Subscribed (downloaded) will retain it, they cant force them to give it back, but no one new can download it.