100% Kill animations for sneak attacks?

sarnz

I already enjoy the animation that exists. Anyone you kill with arrows while sneaking gets blasted back. You can knock people off of bridges and the bandits standing right next to them have no idea where their buddy went....

And I have never encountered anything that could take the 30x damage. Using a base-level Mehrune's Razor with 30x does over 1000 damage. Only Draugr Deathlords and Dragon Priests can survive that, and I have never been able to sneak up on one.

I mean how often do you get to sneak up on the enemy anyways?

98% of my kills are sneak attacks with swords. Nothing more satisfying than clearing a whole fort without being detected. It's like playing medieval Hitman.

Regards triggering the assassination cinematic, like others have already said, just get into PP range and hold LMB. Though i think it relies heavily on weather or not your sneak attack will take all of your targets Hp. I tend to not get the move much because i use two un-enchanted, non-upgraded elven swords, so the damage is minimal, even with the 6x multiplier.

So expect to see the animation on low level targets, but not higher levels because you might not be able to one-shot them with your stealth attack.

Are you low level? Why aren't you using a sword in the right and a dagger in the left? Or even just carrying a dagger for the backstabs? Their damage potential is nowhere near low enough to justify using a regular one handed weapon instead of a dagger if you get the 15x backstab perk. The dagger will always do sickeningly more damage than the sword could hope to. You don't even lose too much damage from the dual wielding power attack.

Yes, i am only level 26.

I don't use Daggers because i have no intention of investing in the 15x Perk, that would make using even iron daggers OP. Also i find Daggers too small to be aesthetically pleasing.

I am trying to make this stealth character as challenging and enjoyable as possible, not so i can go around 1-shotting dragons.

I already enjoy the animation that exists. Anyone you kill with arrows while sneaking gets blasted back. You can knock people off of bridges and the bandits standing right next to them have no idea where their buddy went....

And I have never encountered anything that could take the 30x damage. Using a base-level Mehrune's Razor with 30x does over 1000 damage. Only Draugr Deathlords and Dragon Priests can survive that, and I have never been able to sneak up on one.

How do you get 30x damage?

Yep the Dragons for the bounty quests are usually sleeping while perched on the Word Walls. You have to sneak from quite a distance away. But I usually prefer Stormcall since not many good locations to use it.

my guy is level 41 i believe, his one handed is only at 68 or so. he uses legendary glass daggers but maybe he's not doing enough damage? i don't have the dark brotherhood thing.

My other guy uses two handers and gets the awesome kill animations on just about everything. Been like that since the beginning of the game.

I wish bows had a VATs system :biggrin:

You can't sneak up on a dragon, I've spent hours trying.

I've one shotted a sleeping dragon easily. Just make sure that you and walking and sneaking, not running and sneaking.

Has anyone tried using the shout to land the normal dragons and then stealth. does that work ?

Not that i could 1-hit kill it, but it would be funny to do that.

• 2 months later...

I mean how often do you get to sneak up on the enemy anyways?

98% of my kills are sneak attacks with swords. Nothing more satisfying than clearing a whole fort without being detected. It's like playing medieval Hitman.

Regards triggering the assassination cinematic, like others have already said, just get into PP range and hold LMB. Though i think it relies heavily on weather or not your sneak attack will take all of your targets Hp. I tend to not get the move much because i use two un-enchanted, non-upgraded elven swords, so the damage is minimal, even with the 6x multiplier.

So expect to see the animation on low level targets, but not higher levels because you might not be able to one-shot them with your stealth attack.

Are you low level? Why aren't you using a sword in the right and a dagger in the left? Or even just carrying a dagger for the backstabs? Their damage potential is nowhere near low enough to justify using a regular one handed weapon instead of a dagger if you get the 15x backstab perk. The dagger will always do sickeningly more damage than the sword could hope to. You don't even lose too much damage from the dual wielding power attack.

get the 15x for daggers and wear the shrouded gloves (like me :wink: ) and you'll be doin a $h!t ton of damage in no time. i also use the glass dagger of flames that i found near(ish) markarth point is daggers rock