WOW THIS IS NEW TO ME?

GOONERAFC22

Hello everyone (he says tentatively). I found this link from SKYRIM on Facebook. I am interested in downloading some 'MODS', but would not know where to start, or the cost of them. I have Skyrim on Steam and saw a very impressive spell MOD which led me here. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

it is just download and and copy the data files (texures and meshes and a esp file) into the skyrim dataslot (you find it in the steam folder)

Hello. I downloaded a MIDAS SKYRIM ZIP FILE to my desktop. You mentioned skyrim dataslot in Steam folder. I looked in my program (x86), dont seem to be able to find one. This is all really new to me so I would need idiot proof instructions. If you can help great. But I dont want to waste your time.

No charge - all mods here are FREE.

The catch is you have to have a legal version of the game for many of them to work properly. And the only legal version is the Steam version. Besides the fact that we do not support piracy, all updates are released through steam, and if you stole the game, then you will have problems when a mod requires an updated version of Skyrim.

The location of the data folder in a legal copy is Wherever you installed your steam\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\data

For example, I installed my steam client in C:\Games\Steam So my data folder is located at C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\data

If you use the Nexus Mod Manager (NMM) many mods will be self installing - click once to download, click once to install and done.

However, The NMM is still a beta version (being tested) and many mods will not automatically download and install - they may need a little help from you.

Many more will install using the NMM manual download way. Download the file to a folder you can easly find ( I use C:\downloads\Games\Skyrim as my download folder) Then use the icon for 'Add Mod From File' When the files window opens, navigate to the place you put the mod when you downloaded it. click on it and it installs.