If you had to raise a sword for a city....

SubjectProphet

As a person of strategy, I'd raise a sword up for Whiterun as it is the single most well-connected economical hub in Skyrim, has a werewolf guild, and has a legendary blacksmith, and I'd steadily increase in rank to put my own puppet in control of Skyrim itself. Edited by eodx9000

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would go in this order:

1. Whiterun. That city has the best Jarl, the only one with a proper head on his shoulders.

2. Riverwood. I don't know if this would count as part of whiterun, but I like riverwood, even if it is a crappy skeeverhole of a city!

Whiterun would be an absolute nightmare to defend.

Why? Whiterun has only one gate (unlike Windhelm or Riften), that outside fortifications can be manned with archers, and a squad of mounted guards positioned at that tower (where you killed your first dragon) would be a nice surprise for the attackers. Well, nice for you. And even if you lose the gates (and the lower district, Plains', if I'm not mistaken), the next one is protected by a wall. Finally, the enemies would have to move up that long stairs being shot by your archers on the way. And your melee guards have a good opportunity of flank attack with that exit their barracks have behind the inn.

BTW, Jarl Balgruuf does almost everything right when he defends his city. Well, he does everything the game engine allows him to do.

It's tempting to say Whiterun as this is where I got my Lydia (Ahhh Lydia, who doesn't love her really? Just admit it you know you want to, She's sworn to carry your burdens after all and who could not love the first NPC in game to say "You lead, I'll follow"?)

But I have also have a thing for Ivarstead, it's got a lovely picturesque location, there's a house across the river that I'd just love to buy and fix up ... It's close to the Greybeards and isn't to far from other major cities ...All it needs is some public transport and a few more amenities ...

As I like the location and town of Shors Stone, I'd have to go with Riften. I use the NPC editor and make Sylgia, Anneke's daughter to Sibjorn (her son) and get myself a spouse and a free house. I use the console and mods to clean up and tidy the place then add things to my liking all in about 30 minutes. Edited by Brandy_123