0 strength ?

olnorton

I'm new to the game & are now stuck unable to move (encumbered)

because I have ended up with 0 strength & 4 endurance.

Where can I see what caused this?

Does it show somewhere if I have a disease?

How do I get it back?

Right click to open a menu and in the magic window, hover your mouse over the icons showing your abilities and buffs and see if you were diseased. If not, were you in recent combat with a spell caster? If so, they probably cast a damage strength and/or endurance spell on you. The only way to recover this is to cast spells that will restore your attributes (Restore Strength, Endurance, etc.) or drink potions with the same effect.

If you have no restore strength spell or potion, you will have to acquire them or go to a Temple shrine or Imperial Cult shrine and have the shrine cast the restoration spell on you (I can't remember what it's called, sorry). If you're at 0 strength, you're going to have to drop everything from your inventory in order to move and hope you have a fortify strength spell, scroll or potion on you to get you to a merchant that sells one of those potions, scrolls or spells or to the shrine. If you're stuck with none of those, you will probably have to use the console (if on PC) to cheat your way to one of those places. If you're on Xbox, I have no idea if there are cheat codes to let you move around the map. If you can avoid doing that, it's probably best.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

I've had that happen when fighting greater bonewalkers, who can damage strength like nobody's business. :P One reason why I keep restore strength potions on hand all the time.

I've had that happen when fighting greater bonewalkers, who can damage strength like nobody's business. :P

It was a Greater Bonewalker I had been fighting.

I started again to change my stats & am starting to get the hang of it.

Thankyou both for the replies.

• 1 month later...

I've had that happen when fighting greater bonewalkers, who can damage strength like nobody's business. :P

It was a Greater Bonewalker I had been fighting.

I started again to change my stats & am starting to get the hang of it.

Thankyou both for the replies.

For future reference, it's a good idea to learn a few restore attribute spells, learn mark/recall and set a mark for a temple in front of a shrine, or work up your alchemy skill and carry around a few restore attribute potions. All three will work in dealing with enemies that cast curses or cause diseases.

• 1 month later...
Thanks for asking this question. After many years I recently started a new game and wouldn't you know that same thing happened to me somewhere north of Ald Ruhn. I'm thinking I caught the blight from a diseased nix hound. Not knowing what to do I used the Option of Last Resort, re-loaded a previous saved game (I save frequently). Now when it happens again I'll be equiped with better options.

• 2 weeks later...
Another race and armor of choice for you if you have problems with damaged attributes and feel don't like to bother having restoration spells, scrolls or potions in your inventory: a breton (Resist Magicka 50 points (or %?) ability (active)) and a Cuirass of the Savior's Hide (Constant Effect, Resist Magicka 60 points), and so make the resist magicka ability for the breton 110 points. For earlier versions of Morrowind (the one like I have), the combination will make the breton character immune to all damaging attributes spells, not to mention all diseases, normal and blight (since diseases damaging attributes also, so the game will treat them just the same with the damaging attributes spells alike). No cheat, just a simple in game compatibility combination :)