Fallout 4 1.9.4 Update Screwed Up My Game

Havokthe4z

Check for any mods that rely on F4SE and see if they have been updated. Try removing any such mods on a temporary basis and see if the game loads up ok then. I know the Jump From Vertibirds mod is a dll mod that doesn't work with the newest F4SE and has to be recompiled by the author so remove that mod if you have it installed, any other dll based mods will probably have the same issues and need updating.

Check for any mods that rely on F4SE and see if they have been updated. Try removing any such mods on a temporary basis and see if the game loads up ok then. I know the Jump From Vertibirds mod is a dll mod that doesn't work with the newest F4SE and has to be recompiled by the author so remove that mod if you have it installed, any other dll based mods will probably have the same issues and need updating.

This worked thank you!!!!!

I've seen 2 report that War for The Commonwealth spawns are fudged up worse now too. So much for "performance fixes", I wonder if that includes rearrangements of Papyrus lol.

1.9.4. totally screwed up my graphics, Beth really doesn't know what they're doing.

Normal mapping shaders are destroyed, all perception of depth is gone, anisotropic filtering is completely gone, terrain textures look horrible 10 (virtual) feet away,

colors are messed up clouds and global fog and fog meshes oversaturated and objects destaurated, anti aliasing is gone, TAA has extreme jaggies.

I suspect that their shader programmers are on heroin or something in that order, they simply don't know their stuff.

I don't think i will ever buy a gamebryo game from them again, maybe after years when it is in a steam sale, but certainly not at launch.

Edited by Guest

1.9.4. totally screwed up my graphics, Beth really doesn't know what they're doing.

Normal mapping shaders are destroyed, all perception of depth is gone, anisotropic filtering is completely gone, terrain textures look horrible 10 (virtual) feet away,

colors are messed up clouds and global fog and fog meshes oversaturated and objects destaurated, anti aliasing is gone, TAA has extreme jaggies.

I suspect that their shader programmers are on heroin or something in that order, they simply don't know their stuff.

I don't think i will ever buy a gamebryo game from them again, maybe after years when it is in a steam sale, but certainly not at launch.

I take it that's with just the patch and not the graphics download? There's a couple other posts in a different topic about graphics going haywire after updating. Damn... luckily running from the FO4SE launcher bypasses the steam update so I'm just praying I don't run into a situation that requires verifying game cache. Was thinking of buying Far Harbor but, since that would entail updating and risking a total bork-up of my game, then no thanks.

Man, some love letters are better left unsent, huh.

I take it that's with just the patch and not the graphics download? There's a couple other posts in a different topic about graphics going haywire after updating. Damn... luckily running from the FO4SE launcher bypasses the steam update so I'm just praying I don't run into a situation that requires verifying game cache. Was thinking of buying Far Harbor but, since that would entail updating and risking a total bork-up of my game, then no thanks.

Man, some love letters are better left unsent, huh.

Just make a copy of your exe. Then you can restore after you download Far Harbor. :cool: