Lighting bug - with images -

DiaborMagics

Hello everyone,

Around september I started running into a problem and I have researched and asked around for a fix but I still have nothing of the sort. My problem is that my character seems to be unaffected by a certain lighting type in dungeons and interiors and outside a night. The problem is that she stays dark when not having spells ready, or a weapon equipped.

Here you have some images: http://imgur.com/a/8ZdL2

You can see that when she has no weapon equipped (she does have spells equipped), she is dark in this dungeon. When she has her spells ready or a weapon equipped/ready, she is not dark anymore and lighting behaves normally. Lighting also behaves normally when she jumps. No when opening a door or pulling a lever. When she casts candlelight, the problem remains.

When outside during the day, there is no problem. When outside during the night, there is a problem. This makes it seem to be an ambient lighting issue to me, but I have not enough knowledge about this to fix it. I run Sharpshooters Classic ENB, ENBoost, everything I know of that I should be running. Never had this problem until september came around.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I love playing in 3rd person, but it's annoying to have my character be this dark so often. What's more is that while it's hard for me to reproduce out of the blue, she sometimes becomes invisible. Then turns visible again after jumping or readying my spells/equipping a weapon.

If anyone can help me it'd be so much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

- DiaborMagics

PS: there is an old thread of mine that dates back to september with in it another issue that can be ignored. I dont think I had any images back then, now I do. Hopefully someone can help me this time around.

EDIT: it doesnt change anything and you cant see much but here she's invisible. It just happened while playing. - http://imgur.com/a/R48cT

Edited by DiaborMagics

Hello everyone,

I FOUND THE CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM!! - I just don't know a 'good' way to fix it. The problem is caused by drinking the potion to get wings through the Animated Dragon Wings mod, which I have tied to Realistic Flying with gliding and collision and overwritten by animated feathered wings... When I drink the potion to get the wings, the lighting bug occurs. When I cure it/get rid of the wings, the lighting bug disappears as well.

Now... an ideal fix would be to keep the wings enabled (not cured) and to have the lighting bug not occur. For that I would probably need to know what causes the bug to occur because of this potion and how to get rid of that. I can't believe it would be because of the magic effect of the potion, because then it wouldn't only happen without weapons equipped/spells prepared... right?

Does anyone have a solution other than curing the wings every single time I land? I use the wings a lot because they also allow me to glide and jump higher.

I made a video where the cause can be seen... I found out by accident while recording just now. Here is the link: https://youtu.be/6MwF3_JVEoQ

Thanks in advance,

DiaborMagics

I am also experiencing this issue. My thread on the subject here: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?showtopic=5105550

I narrowed it down to only happening when using the "Invisible while folded" patch. So if you don't mind the ugly growth on your back when you're on the ground, you can have working lighting. I attempted to open the mod file with the CreationKit, but I've never used it before and have no idea what I'm doing, lol.

Edited by Rayman2170

I have made a workaround, using nifskope I shrank the wing model down so much you can't see them anymore, so you still have the ability of flight without the wings. Then I downloaded his other mod, Animated dragon wings: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53271/? so now I have the better looking wings while still being able to fly. Slight issue in that the new wings just do their default jump/glide animation when flying. But I rarely fly and I like the look of the animated dragon wings a lot better. you can use any other wings of your choice really or just no wings if you wanna be superman lol.

New model file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5sgkjilco8wq5lm/DragonWings.nif?dl=0 create a backup of the original and replace it with this one.

Thank you for your replies!

Unfortunately I don't think this will work for me. As you can read in my previous post I use Animated Dragon Wings along with Real Flying and I let it be overwritten by textures for Animated Feathered Wings. For me, I've never installed the invisible wings patch. I like to see the wings, but I ALWAYS get invisible wings anyway, with Real Flying installed. So... if it's because of the invisibility thing, I will need to somehow stop that and just get my wings back, but I don't know what makes them invisible and I don't know how to do this.

I do have some knowledge about the CK as I make mods myself, but most of that is dungeon creation, spell, enchantment and gear creation and putting enemies in the world - basically very little scripting and I only use in-game sources to do it. I have very basic knowledge of Blender but I don't think I know enough to do something with that in this case. And since my character is an angel and I specifically have feathered angel wings now... I don't want them to become invisible during flight. I'd actually love them to not be invisible at all. But it seems like Real Flying won't get updated anymore :S

• 1 month later...

Thank you for your replies!

Unfortunately I don't think this will work for me. As you can read in my previous post I use Animated Dragon Wings along with Real Flying and I let it be overwritten by textures for Animated Feathered Wings. For me, I've never installed the invisible wings patch. I like to see the wings, but I ALWAYS get invisible wings anyway, with Real Flying installed. So... if it's because of the invisibility thing, I will need to somehow stop that and just get my wings back, but I don't know what makes them invisible and I don't know how to do this.

I do have some knowledge about the CK as I make mods myself, but most of that is dungeon creation, spell, enchantment and gear creation and putting enemies in the world - basically very little scripting and I only use in-game sources to do it. I have very basic knowledge of Blender but I don't think I know enough to do something with that in this case. And since my character is an angel and I specifically have feathered angel wings now... I don't want them to become invisible during flight. I'd actually love them to not be invisible at all. But it seems like Real Flying won't get updated anymore :S

Hmm, its possible the mesh for your feathered wings have the "invisible while folded" patch built in. Maybe try messaging the author of the animated featherd Wings mod and see if he can create a patch to disable that feature. He seems to be actively working on it, he even just updated it a few days ago.

EDIT: I can confirm that his mod was using the invisible while folded patch, using nifscope i removed the nicontroller block from the the mesh file. I have no idea if it will work, but you can try using the edited file Here. Make a backup of the current DragonWings.nif file in :// guardian real flying / meshes / [Anton] mods / Real Flying , and then place my file in there, hopefully my edit didn't break anything and your wings will be there all the time, and no more lighting issues.

Edited by Rayman2170