Can no longer enter County Anvil

Aromov

When I try to approach or fast travel to areas within County Anvil such as Gweden Farm, the game immediately freezes, forcing me to kill the process in task manager and it doesn't stop happening. I've tried to disable every mod I have installed and start a clean save, reinstall the game, remove the Oblivion.ini file, etc. but to no avail.

I've also tried to load back older saves and the area appears to be working on them so I'm thinking that it was either caused by a mod, was a time sensitive bug similar to the Abomb bug (which I did have) or some kind of save corruption.

Seeing as this error seems to have occurred sometime between day 451 (December 25, 2016 at 23:51 with a playtime of 465.09.28) and Day 475 (January 17, 2017 at 21:35 with a playtime of 522.32.05), I can list the following mods I attempted to use around the time (though I only have one active now)

Thieves Highway V2

Abu Emir

Republic Morsepolis

Arcane University Revamped

Arcane University Mystic Archives Classroom (the only one I have active)

Vilja in Red Rose Manor

Red Rose Manor

Vilja in Lakeside Home

Lakeside Home

Aside from those, the only mods I have installed that would effect anything in that area I'm aware of is an adult mod that alters Gweden Farm and I added that mod long before I started getting this issue.

Edited by Aromov

Sometime the game gets it's shorts all knotted up. One method of trying to get it to sort out the mess again is to use the "coc center and wait trick".

Open the console using the tilde (~) key and type "coc center" (without the quote marks) and hit Enter. You will be transported to an open plain with a few trees visible in the distance. Using the game's wait menu (default t) wait for 72 hours plus a bit for good measure (so three full days plus a bit). Open the console again and "coc weye" and you will be transported to the fisherman's shack at Weye (you could also use any other location that you know the correct location code for).

Travel to your problem area and see if it is now OK.

Sometime the game gets it's shorts all knotted up. One method of trying to get it to sort out the mess again is to use the "coc center and wait trick".

Open the console using the tilde (~) key and type "coc center" (without the quote marks) and hit Enter. You will be transported to an open plain with a few trees visible in the distance. Using the game's wait menu (default t) wait for 72 hours plus a bit for good measure (so three full days plus a bit). Open the console again and "coc weye" and you will be transported to the fisherman's shack at Weye (you could also use any other location that you know the correct location code for).

Travel to your problem area and see if it is now OK.

Thanks for the response, I tried this and waited for at least 8 days but it didn't resolve my issue

• 1 month later...