Bethesda's Favourite Mods?

deathjam

A thought just occurred to me, what mods do Bethesda employees install, use and would recommend to the regular joe? Fixes like arguably SkyUI, alterations like Wars in Skyrim, or crazy additions like Macho Dragons? Could turn out that with steamworks, they officially support certain mods, or give them a big push. Do you think their stance could change from what came before with oblivion where, imo, there seemed to be quiet indifference.

Ooo, that's an interesting question. I often think about stuff they probably don't like. Seeing other artists' revisions of your own work and all. But I'm sure there are mods that also flatter them or ones that they wished they'd had more time to do themselves. Also, a lot of mods are really meant for extending replay value and not meant for a first time play through, like the new Skyrim Wars mod that I love but would had been maybe too much for me earlier on. I would had been overwhelmed by all the weapons to craft, too, if the mods I'm using now were pre-installed.

But do you think they still play their own game anymore except for debugging? I dunno. I kind of hope they're already working on the next installment.

Keep in mind, Bethesda and their staff were trying to make a workable game and get it out the door so they could start getting paid. I seriously doubt they have any ill will towards any modders that are taking their fabulous work and enhancing it. We have access to literally innumerable people, both amateur and professional, that can improve on games, if given the opportunity. The community will think of things that were never even dreamed of by the game creators just because there are so many of us compared to the handful of people that designed the game. As players we will marvel at our own ingenuity in the creation of some mod, but it is always far, far easier to improve on an idea then it is to create something new.

Keep in mind, Bethesda and their staff were trying to make a workable game and get it out the door so they could start getting paid. I seriously doubt they have any ill will towards any modders that are taking their fabulous work and enhancing it. We have access to literally innumerable people, both amateur and professional, that can improve on games, if given the opportunity. The community will think of things that were never even dreamed of by the game creators just because there are so many of us compared to the handful of people that designed the game. As players we will marvel at our own ingenuity in the creation of some mod, but it is always far, far easier to improve on an idea then it is to create something new.

Ah yes but the question was which mods do you think Beth' favours. I know what I like, but have no idea what a creator would like. I imagine, its the more technically complex or accomplished mods that they would be interested in so hearing Midas Magic is little surprise, though I personally don't do much magic with my characters so I haven't enjoyed that mod to it's full potential.

Midas magic, they are already promoting and supporting that and to be honest it was the best mod for Oblivion and ive no doubt it will be the best for skyrim as well

Midas magic is an awesome magic expansion especially in combination of Concept83s' Unique spells that has just every monster in Skyrim for the conjuration school, with some awesome extras like The Golden Saint and the Dark Seducer, Undead Dragon, Kotaro the Executioner, Sarnir the Grey, and guardians from each of the guilds.

You think Bethesda would ever step in with suggestions to improve a mod? Would be cool if they gave a mod suggestion with a cash prize for the best version...but then again you would probably end up with copycat mods that get lost due the winner getting all the downloads and endorsements.

I have no idea which mods Bethesda would like if they even play their own game after such a long development time, which would be understandable considering they should know every square centimeter of the world and what's in it. There would be no surprises anymore. Work isn't great for playing really and the game development was their work.

Anyway, I do know which ones they liked from Oblivion as they took the very obvious concepts of a lot of mods and used them in Skyrim, which in itself is a big kudos to the original modders.

Bethesda like things that they later add in the game and there are several examples (I will not make a list though). Mods and ideas they liked in Morrowind, was implemented in Oblivion and things we did for Oblivion was implemented in Skyrim. There was not so many implementations in Oblivion though as there was in Skyrim and I think it is good that they take some good ideas, so we can focus in new things instead of remaking those mods again. Best thing is that they done some modifications that required heavy scripting from us which added lag and fps drops. They did it better. Edited by pekkape