Creation kit almost there

BannerFigurezZz

Starting a mod?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. So with the creation kit's release nearing I am wondering are you gonna make some mods or solve the things that always annoyed you? or leave it to just the pro's?

• Yes, I will definitely start modding big times
    • Yes, I will be making some small adjustments
    • Yes, I will fix stuff that annoys me
    • Yes, but just for myself
    • No, i'll leave it to the pros
    • What's a mod?

I'll probably create the greatest mod ever that revolutionizes melee, stealth, and spell casting in Skyrim to have insightful, challenging, invigorating depth. After that, I'll get drunk on my own success, spiral out of control one day, start a flame war on the Nexus, get banned then fade into obscurity as the star who rose just fast as he fell.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well they said they will release the tools used for the creation of the game.

This might also be an explanation for the fact it took pretty long, because they had to enhance the tools in such a way people who do not make games voor a living will be able to use it.

So I guess the most powerfull tool in there wil probaly be a full model creation tool and a physics editor? (making an educated guess from what i know of game creation)

This is vague wording on their part. The chances they included a full model creation tool are slim, and modders will need to probably continue relying on Blender + Nifskope to convert models. Bethesda would have no reason to independently produce 3d modeling tools they could freely give to modders as it would cost them an atrocious amount. They probably use their own suite of 3d modeling applications they lease.

As for physics editing, that'd require reasonably low-level access to the game, which may or may not happen. I'm leaning towards the latter, as this would require some significant forethought on Bethesda's part and I frankly do not think they are a organized enough developer to have exposed that to end users. :confused: I really hope they did, and maybe I just don't have enough faith... all the more reason why I don't want to get excited now and become disappointed later.

Yeah it is pretty vague wording, but I hope they will release almost all the tools, so mods can be made better and easier then ever

Edited by BannerFigurezZz

I'll need a lot of time figuring out how the CK works, but I'm planning a few mods, all of them involving house/town.

I'd like to change Proudspire Manor, adding a couple of things.

Also, I'm planning on creating a whole new town, but I still need to figure out where. This town will be...well, I don't want to reveal too much, but it'll be like Dragonborn's Hometown.

The more I contemplate these threads the more I realize it's pointless to declare intentions. There's no way to know how powerful the Creation Kit will be and in what areas it will be powerful in. If it's significantly more powerful than the GECK (I doubt it from what I've seen of the game files) then it'll take a while to figure out how to abuse that power. If it's about the same then I'll be tragically bored.

If all else fails, a shout that shoots clusters of sweetrolls at high speeds sounds acceptable.

Well they said they will release the tools used for the creation of the game.

This might also be an explanation for the fact it took pretty long, because they had to enhance the tools in such a way people who do not make games voor a living will be able to use it.

So I guess the most powerfull tool in there wil probaly be a full model creation tool and a physics editor? (making an educated guess from what i know of game creation)

Since Morrowind at least, Bethesda has been releasing 'the same tools' used in house to build the world. Expect the GECK modified for Skyrim.

Now with my exams over and in holiday i got myself a training dvd for blender and starting to get into modelling. Planing on making a were-bat form for vamps and i got some ideas for a humanoid dragon form. Having to get into modelling first and having to wait for the niftools for blender 2.6 will require some patience though. Really hoping to dive deep into modding!

Well I unfortunately have no idea how to mod, I'm not sure if there's some sort of tutorial that everyone's using to learn, but If I can find it then I won't rule out trying to mod. :thumbsup:

Once the CK is released I'm sure there will be tutorials on it's Wiki like these for the GECK.