SkyNet Is Recruiting

ganp0t

Hi, my name is Ganpot. I am a staff member of the upcoming mod SkyNet (and one of the lead writers). We are attempting something incredibly ambitious: creating an MMO follow-up to Skyrim, which remains consistent with all Elder Scrolls lore. Our mod will take place 10 years after the events surrounding the Dragonborn. But we aren't just going to add some new quests and allow for multiplayer functionality. We intend to improve upon Skyrim in every way possible, including more intricate quests, more factions, more dungeons, and completely redefined combat mechanics.

We are looking for smart, gifted, and civil individuals to help us with our goals. Our home forums are located here. Everyone is welcome to try out, but we are especially looking for artists, coders, and writers. Keep in mind, most of the forums will be hidden to guests and new members. You must apply for and be accepted into at least one department in order to view all of the forums.

(Please Note: SkyNet is not no longer partnered with Skyrim Online, although we wish them nothing but success with their project. We are, however, still in a partnership with Tytanis' Ultimate Mod team.)

Didn't you guys steal their money and source code? http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums//public/style_emoticons/default/doubt.gif

right, I thought this was the case also.

Link doesn't even work. Have to admit would like to hear the second side of the story on this, but I won't pry. Might want to consider your credibility if you intend to go on with this project -- impossible for me to know who is in the right but obviously other people don't think you are. :confused:

If you guys want to see our side of the story, here is a taste: http://imageshack.us/f/545/screen1e.png/

In other words, Awp surrendered the $50 to us (granted, in a moment of anger), then turned around and claimed we stole it. He has refused to update his claims, even though we immediately gave back every cent.

Basically, the dispute was over $50 and the rights to use and modify some of their code when we were in a partnership with them . We gave them the 50 dollars after the first day of the argument, and announced that we were completely abandoning their code anyway. Despite this, Awpsoleet still continues to be furious at us, even though his own staff members have tried to reconcile the two mods. Not a single one of our staff members has left because of this issue, which demonstrates who they believe to be in the right. Coming from someone who actually read both sides of the argument (I visited Skyrim Online's forums), Hippo seemed much more gentlemanly than Awp. I'm not asking that people automatically side with us, I'm asking that they look at both sides before coming to a conclusion.

The two mods are once again separate (with Tytanis AWOL for the time being), and the mods have vastly different goals. Skyrim Online is attempting to import multiplayer functionality into Skyrim vanilla. SkyNet is aiming to recreate Skyrim completely. It will basically be Elder Scrolls 6.

I'm not sure why the link wouldn't be working for some of you, since it works perfectly for me... Perhaps the forums were down for updates when you were attempting to link to them. Can you try them again and see if it work now? If it doesn't, you will probably just have to google "Skynet Skyrim".

Edited by ganp0t

If you guys want to see our side of the story, here is a taste: http://imageshack.us/f/545/screen1e.png/

In other words, Awp surrendered the $50 to us (granted, in a moment of anger), then turned around and claimed we stole it. He has refused to update his claims, even though we immediately gave back every cent.

Basically, the dispute was over $50 and the rights to use and modify some of their code when we were in a partnership with them . We gave them the 50 dollars after the first day of the argument, and announced that we were completely abandoning their code anyway. Despite this, Awpsoleet still continues to be furious at us, even though his own staff members have tried to reconcile the two mods. Not a single one of our staff members has left because of this issue, which demonstrates who they believe to be in the right. Coming from someone who actually read both sides of the argument (I visited Skyrim Online's forums), Hippo seemed much more gentlemanly than Awp. I'm not asking that people automatically side with us, I'm asking that they look at both sides before coming to a conclusion.

The two mods are once again separate (with Tytanis AWOL for the time being), and the mods have vastly different goals. Skyrim Online is attempting to import multiplayer functionality into Skyrim vanilla. SkyNet is aiming to recreate Skyrim completely. It will basically be Elder Scrolls 6.

I'm not sure why the link wouldn't be working for some of you, since it works perfectly for me... Perhaps the forums were down for updates when you were attempting to link to them. Can you try them again and see if it work now? If it doesn't, you will probably just have to google "Skynet Skyrim".

Sorry, but it sure will NOT BE TES VI. Ask Bethesda. And even the "screen1e doesn't work.