ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

My Little Dwemer

SmileyCat

I noticed that there were many different misc items resembling dwemer components lying around in dwemer ruins.

My idea was to make a mod that allows you to build robots from those components, but then I realized that my modding knowledge is restricted to the CK,

and FNVEdit or TESSnip just isnt my thing, so, I ask of you, make this for me!

(My evil plans to invade the nine holds with a dwemer army is coming to life!)

At the Atronach Forge, maybe we can create our own Dwemer Spiders, Spheres and even deadly Centurions with certain recipes! Like the idea...

From my point of view I'd make it a quest chain,first,you have to learn the Dwemer technology ( BY THE WAY,DWEMER ARE NOT DWARVES,THEY ARE ELVES,DAMMIT! - Still,they dwell in the mountains,and I love technologic mountain-d00ds :D ) the quest sends you to a specific ( prob. user-created ) dungeon,deep inside you find a library and that is where you learn how to make the dwemer stuff.

Reading the book adds a new tree to your Skills called Engineering,and with that perk,you can make machines and improve them,equip them with weapons and new spells with machines found in any dwemer dungeon,or a secret room in your house at Markarth,Vlindrel Hall.

:thumbsup:

From my point of view I'd make it a quest chain,first,you have to learn the Dwemer technology ( BY THE WAY,DWEMER ARE NOT DWARVES,THEY ARE ELVES,DAMMIT! - Still,they dwell in the mountains,and I love technologic mountain-d00ds :D ) the quest sends you to a specific ( prob. user-created ) dungeon,deep inside you find a library and that is where you learn how to make the dwemer stuff.

Reading the book adds a new tree to your Skills called Engineering,and with that perk,you can make machines and improve them,equip them with weapons and new spells with machines found in any dwemer dungeon,or a secret room in your house at Markarth,Vlindrel Hall.

Good idea!! I would like to do something like this, first we will just have to wait for the ck to see how easy adding a new skill tree might be ??? I would probably develop it so you would have to read more than one book. Secondly i was thinking that you really do have to read the book because it will contain the manual to crafting specific bots instead of just relying on the journal!!

I had an idea similar to this in a thread floating around here, except instead of suddenly leaching the knowledge out of a book, you find a 'dwarven forge' which for all intents and purposes is a device that takes only a cursory understanding of the device's operation to function. As you learn more about it and repair surrounding systems in this newly discovered ruin, you unlock greater and greater technologies. This would possibly culminate in the establishment of your own town as you bring more and more of this ruin back to life with the help of the armies of robots you build with the dwarven ingots that used to clutter your inventory.

Also, they are called dwarves, but to be fair, that's believed to be the name given to them by the giants.

Edited by Jeffman12

I had an idea similar to this in a thread floating around here, except instead of suddenly leaching the knowledge out of a book, you find a 'dwarven forge' which for all intents and purposes is a device that takes only a cursory understanding of the device's operation to function. As you learn more about it and repair surrounding systems in this newly discovered ruin, you unlock greater and greater technologies. This would possibly culminate in the establishment of your own town as you bring more and more of this ruin back to life with the help of the armies of robots you build with the dwarven ingots that used to clutter your inventory.

Also, they are called dwarves, but to be fair, that's believed to be the name given to them by the giants.

Yup,forgot to say that one,there's nothing wrong with the Dwemer imo..giants are way too long >_< I focused on the crafting of bots but never thought I'd want a huge "dwarven" town with machines all over it :P Another idea that came to my mind is,I'd make either a forge like you or a machine that works with sunlight..like the one in uhh.. Tower of Mzark?! it was amazing.So you choose what type of bot you'll make,line the mirrors,an explosion of steam,and boom,there your machine is :D

I'd make people crawl through dwemer ruins and collect scraps and dynamo cores,instead of just using corundum and gold ingots lol.You could open up the chest of a Dwarven Centurion and place the Dynamo Core for the machine to come back to life.So that would mean,if you open it's chest ( not like..with a screwdriver or anything,just the E key that opens a hatch ) - and take the dynamo core back,it would deactivate and stand still.So that'd allow you to either have them as companions or decoratings in your house,personally,I'd like to see two Centurions guarding my house in Markarth :D

Also if possible there should be an improved AI,I don't want that huge centurion blocking my way in dungeons,they should let you go first and try to avoid traps like the spike wall or the huge log that changes the shape of your face :P I'd give them the ability to jump up high so they don't get stuck in mountains like the other silly companions who then run around the mountain for kilometers to reach you.

Centurion should have a steam jump ability,a burst of steam that explodes out of his feet,allowing him to come up or down,

The spheres should turn to their original,ball form,but with spikes so they can climb up without sliding down,and the spiders should be able to jump using their legs :)