Skyrim UI

ClanRanald21

Irrelevant.

The vast majority of mod users download SkyUI for the simple fact that so many authors have made it a requirement for their own mods (which was true long before MCM), not because they prefer its buggy, unstable menu over that of vanilla.

Frank already indirectly invoked Hitchens's Razor. I'll put in another poke: What part of SkyUI would another mod need "long before MCM"? What about it is buggy and unstable?

Furthermore, it is entirely relevant. There is a method to revert everything about SkyUI to Vanilla except MCM functionality, and the download count is a drop in the bucket compared to SkyUI. You don't get to dismiss diametrically contrary evidence simply because you don't like it.

I think there is definitely two camps here, pro vanilla, pro Sky UI. From my point of view as a newbie to Skyrim is why do I have two mouse-pointers on the menu system? I think that suggests conflict in the game engine for a start. One mouse pointer works on some parts of the game, but only the other works on the menu, it all seems disjointed to me. In Oblivion you could load up your favourite spells and weapons on hot buttons, 1 thro 9. I am still trying to fathom out how to cast a spell in a non-combat situation? I will keep trying. Thanks

Two mouse pointers? You must be switching in and out of the game and ending up with the windows cursor active along with Skyrim own. There are mods that try to fix that but you can also avoid it by never switching away from the game unless you're in a menu with the Skyrim version visible.

To set a hotkey you have to favorite the item in the inventory or spell menu then set the hotkey from the favorites menu (Q). But Skyrim limits you to only 8 hotkeys.

Casting spells outside of combat is exactly the same as casting them in combat.

None of those issues are altered by whether you use SkyUI or not though.

I wish Fallout 4 had something comparable to SkyUI. No wonder it is the most popular mod of all time.

Hope the first poster hangs in there. If he was able to master a very unintuitive interface like in Oblivion, he will appreciate SkyUI after using it for a while.