All my animations dont work

thollipot

It's unlikely that your animations just stopped working without any 'help'. That 'help' could be installing a new mod, changing your load order, deleting a mod or doing some manual moving of files/folders in your Oblivion\Data folder. Like Nephenee13 says ... we'll need more info.

It's unlikely that your animations just stopped working without any 'help'. That 'help' could be installing a new mod, changing your load order, deleting a mod or doing some manual moving of files/folders in your Oblivion\Data folder. Like Nephenee13 says ... we'll need more info.

Well i did install a new mod "NPC Commands V8"

Shortly after installing with OBMM i opened oblivion and it said the esp wasnt a valid file.

do u want screenshots and a mod list?

Also a little more detail.

Amazing jump mod works fine, So does most idle animations.

But all the pose balls, sexdarkness and estrus are broken.

Edited by thollipot

One of the things I don't like about OMOD files is you can't easily see what files a mod will install (and possibly overwrite on you). Without a backup of your Oblivion\Data\Meshes\characters\_male folder you're stuck figuring out what .kf files the NPC Commands borked. One option is to look through your mods that now have missing animations and copy the missing files from the extracted download. If those downloads are OMODs then it becomes more complicated, as you first need to extract the OMOD to a folder so that you can look through it's included .kf files. The same effect can be had by just re-installing the borked mods, but you may lose progress in any associated quests (though quest progress should be saved in your save file, so it might be OK).

I'm chuckling Nephenee13 because I had considered putting in a plug for WB and BAIN when I was burning keyboard on that post.

@ thollipot ... Nephenee13 is absolutely right, Wyre Bash and BAIN installation avoids the 'don't know what will be overwritten' problem, and is smart enough to manage the files that do get overwritten (so it puts back the originals when/if you uninstall a mod that overwrote files). That is all a moot point for your problem at this juncture.

If the mods aren't OMODs then I'd extract the 7z archive to a temporary folder and look through the extracted folders for the .kf files. They will be in Data\meshes\characters\_male in either the root of the _male folder, in the IdleAnims folder or specialanims folder (or possibly a uniquely named folder as a sub-folder to one of those ... example my Personality Idles mod has it's .kf files in Data\meshes\characters\_male\IdleAnims\personality). Copy any .kf files that are present in the extracted archive but missing in your game install to the appropriate folder. Or you could just copy the entire folder containing the .kf files and say yes to overwrite.

A couple of caveats on doing the whole folder method. First and foremost make sure you understand what existing files will be overwritten and what mod they came from. The rule of thumb for animations is when installing them the mod that is installed last is the files the game will use if they both have files named the same (which is the case when mods replace the vanilla animations). Second, the rule when copy and pasting folders is you always paste into one level higher than you copied from. If you copied the folder '_male' you would paste into the 'characters' folder. You'll know you got it right when you don't see a '_male' folder inside your game's '_male' folder.

Re-installing the mods achieves the same thing, and may be simpler for you.