AWOP For FO4 Pros & Cons Official Thread

djmystro

Djmystro, this sounds like an excellent idea.

The one thing FO4 is lacking is an abundance of quest mods. Since AWOP made such a difference in both the Mojave and the Capital Wasteland, it would be wonderful if it could come to the Commonwealth.

The concern about the new dialogue system is significant but not insurmountable. Have you taken a look at such mods as Tales from the Commonwealth, Fusion City Rising, Heather Casdin, and America Rising? They all have been able to incorporate dialogue interaction with the player.

Kris Takahashi author of such mods as Tales from the Commonwealth, Interesting NPCs, and Atomic Radio has been able to develop a team of voice actors that are "better than Bethesda". I know he is familiar with AWOP. He would be an excellent person to chat with in terms of the how-to regarding the voice system and gaining familiarity with the new Creation Kit. He can be contacted at 3DNPC.com.

Mod Authors Thuggysmurf from Fusion City Rising and Outcasts and Remnants, as well as LlamaRCA from Heather Casdin, and Willow. might also be able to offer some helpful advice.

The Boston "Big Dig" must have many heretofore undiscovered subway tunnels from Sanctuary to Fusion City, and from Nahant to the Boston Mayoral Bunker.

I hope the pros outweigh the cons for this endeavor. It would be a benefit for all Fallout 4 players. Thumbs up on this idea.

Man, I would LOVE to see AWOP come to FO4. Such an awesome, awesome mod.

My 2 cents: I saw some comments about the Glowing Sea but, since then, South of the Glowing Sea has really filled that void. And there's also Fusion City Rising, to name just a couple. I'd personally like AWOP to make Nuka World its home. I love the NW worldspace but, after the main quest, there's almost no reason to go back except to do some shopping. I haven't seen much in NW mods that liven things up beyond making for a prettier shopping scene or allowing for settlement building (yawn). There's Nuka World Mercs, which is pretty cool, but without many post-quest enemies, the guards it adds to Nuka Town are also largely for show.

I can revisit Far Harbor time and time again 'cuz there's so much action to be had. AWOP could really give the mostly unused (post MQ) Nuka World area some much-needed life so you could have 2 viable alternatives to the Commonwealth.

Anyways, there ya go. Fingers (and toes) crossed that AWOP indeed comes to FO4.

• 1 year later...

Are there any news on this? It has been quite a long time. And from what I can tell there is still tons of AWOP content being made for FONV but no Fallout 4 version in sight.

I don't think that AWOP would need to revolutionize its whole concept to be integrated into FO4. The fans basically just want more of the same stuff.

These days it seems quite tough (for me at least) to get back into FO4 to try out all the new cool weapons, armorsets and quality of life improvements because the core content like quests and areas have received very few additions comparably.

I think FO4 needs AWOP to still be worth checking out at this point