Deadly reflex 5 bug / Deadly Reflex 6 problems

khukkl

Finally I found that the premature quest update bug is caused by Deadly Reflex 5 - combat moves.esp script. What kind of nasty bug?

The bug which uptates oblivion gates related quests prematually without 'proper action', whenever Player get near to the oblivion gates.

(Proper action means taking sigil stone from oblivion tower to close any oblivion gates.)

(Bug examples : Kvatch and all city main quests realated to closing oblivion gates - Quest updated with popup message says like :" You closed the oblivion gate")

And I tried Deadly Reflex 6, and there was no such bug in it. So tested with script removed DR5.esp, and also no bug like that.

(Just for test only. Because without scripts no actual function in DR happens.) So now I'm pretty sure that DR5 combat moves.esp has

dirty scripts which make such nasty bugs in game. But I dont wanna use DR6 either because it ruins original oblivion graphical adjustment

and 1st person action.

For example, if you set "fNearDistance=0" as skycaptain recommands, the shader for objects looks very odd even near distances,

faces of NPC have always dark circles, etc. ( "fNearDistance=10.0000" is default. ) If you dont set "fNearDistance=10.0000" and put

some different values, 1st Person view usually direct you to see any objects or world behind the near walls.

So please help me somebody intelligent enough, I want to use DR5 movement without quest update bugs.

Can somebody show me any suggetion?

Edited by khukkl

I can't help you with the script but a suggestion in the interim is finish the gates closing part of the main quest and then install DR5. Gates are all closed so it can't cause problems.

I can't help you with the script but a suggestion in the interim is finish the gates closing part of the main quest and then install DR5. Gates are all closed so it can't cause problems.

Closing Gate Quests are main funs for Oblivion game. I want finish main quest only when I want finish the entire game. :(