Update 1.4 Beta on Steam

vianns

SkyUI has categoriezed menu included, just found that out today.

But the categorization wont work until SkyUI or Categorized favorites menu gets updated.

The files you need backup of is skse and scriptdragon for 1.3.10. You have to delete Scripdragon from

the install folder to get the game to work.

I just upgraded and downgraded with no apparent problems ;)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the categorization wont work until SkyUI or Categorized favorites menu gets updated.

The files you need backup of is skse and scriptdragon for 1.3.10. You have to delete Scripdragon from

SkyUI and Categorized Favorites Menu only needs SKSE and there is an update for the beta already. Skyrim Immersive HUD (iHUD) requre Scriptdragon for the hotkey switching of compass, but works without it (not all functionality). Alexander Blade who makes Scriptdragon (and Skyboost) said in a forum post on official forum that an update would come later today (probably). So after that everything will work as before. Even if we might not need Skyboost or TESV anymore, the work they did on those was great and maybe a wake up call for Bethesda.

-----

Here are my performance numbers, running the intro sequence and measuring with Fraps. Notice: There are some mod differences, but minor. I'll do a vanilla 1:1 comparison later.

http://www.abload.de/img/skyrim_beta_1_4_ugridh9cxm.png

Edited by MrBuio

SkyUI and Categorized Favorites Menu only needs SKSE and there is an update for the beta already. Skyrim Immersive HUD (iHUD) requre Scriptdragon for the hotkey switching of compass, but works without it (not all functionality). Alexander Blade who makes Scriptdragon (and Skyboost) said in a forum post on official forum that an update would come later today (probably). So after that everything will work as before. Even if we might not need Skyboost or TESV anymore, the work they did on those was great and maybe a wake up call for Bethesda.

-----

Here are my performance numbers, running the intro sequence and measuring with Fraps. Notice: There are some mod differences, but minor. I'll do a vanilla 1:1 comparison later.

I meant Container Cat

Yes, they only need SKSE, but the mod itself must be updated to latest patch. The container cat doesn't work yet

Nice boost there, to bad I don't have any. Could be that there is not more to get out of my CPU.. CD2@3,3

edit:

my bad, didn't see that Container Cat has an update now

-----

Those are fantastic numbers. An average increase of 10fps compared to the latest SkyBoost is just incredible. I guess that running ugrid of 9, as you do, puts much stress on the CPU, and it will be interesting to compare the performance on my own computer running default ugrids ([email protected] + GTX590). If the increase is as good as your test, I might bump up the ugrids myself.

Now, I tried to get some info on which files to back up if I want to downgrade to 1.3 later on, someone talked about ScriptDragon/SKSE. But aren't there any important gamefiles that has to be restored somehow (ie TESV.exe). If anybody has detailed info on downgrading, I would be very greatful. If there is a safe way to downgrade, I will run the benchmark myself later tonight and post the results here.

@krist2: You said you did a downgrade, how exactly did you go by to do it?

Those are fantastic numbers. An average increase of 10fps compared to the latest SkyBoost is just incredible. I guess that running ugrid of 9, as you do, puts much stress on the CPU, and it will be interesting to compare the performance on my own computer running default ugrids ([email protected] + GTX590). If the increase is as good as your test, I might bump up the ugrids myself.

There are some mod differences in my test as I didn't retest with Skyboost, and I'm not certain how much those matter. I was surprised to see such big difference, and will test more correct 1:1 comparison later. To downgrade, you should be able to just exit the beta program in Steam settings and it will automatically revert to latest official 1.3.10. I need to do that myself to test more later on.

Edited by MrBuio

There are some mod differences in my test as I didn't retest with Skyboost, and I'm not certain how much those matter. I was surprised to see such big difference, and will test more correct 1:1 comparison later. To downgrade, you should be able to just exit the beta program in Steam settings and it will automatically revert to latest official 1.3.10. I need to do that myself to test more later on.

Thanks, I will benchmark it later on tonight. So I guess reverting from a beta verison is easy, just uncheck beta participation. Thanks for making it clear.