Vault 88 Lighting

l0new0lf331

I am trying to fix a glaring issue with Vault 88 lighting (yes I know there are more than just lighting issues). There are certain lights, that even when you scrap the object, the light source itself will remain. In my game set up I use Scrap Everything which allows me to scrap the lights in the tunnels leading to the water pump area. However when scrapping the objects the light source remains. Is it possible to link the light source to the object so when it gets scrapped the light source will also be deleted? How do you create a parent object that when things are linked to it, whatever happens to the parent object happens to what is linked to it.

I ask this because there is a mod that just deletes the light sources themselves. While that works, it messes with immersion to a small degree.

If I can make this work I will extend it to other settlements as well.

No stacked parent keyword or even just a parent keyword. Went to Abernathy farms and the WoodCrate01/02/03 did not have any linked references to them. I'll look around there again since I was in Abernathy Ext01 first time.

Tried WorkshopRecipeFilterScrap that did not work. Do I link the light source to the object or the object to the light source?

EDIT: it's WorkshopStackedItemParentKEYWORD, is that what you're talking about?

Edited by l0new0lf331

I figured it out. Put the keyword on the light source and I just linked to object in render window, chose the light object and wala! No more light when scrapping!!

Thank You very much with your help!! Now I have to find ALL the lights in that place......sigh..... gonna have to start a new game so I can find all of them. In my current play through, if a light was scrapped already, even linked the light source will remain.

Again Thanks!!

I figured it out. Put the keyword on the light source and I just linked to object in render window, chose the light object and wala! No more light when scrapping!!

Thank You very much with your help!! Now I have to find ALL the lights in that place......sigh..... gonna have to start a new game so I can find all of them. In my current play through, if a light was scrapped already, even linked the light source will remain.

Now you see why it's gonna be a while before that feature is added into Scrap Everything :tongue:. It's not figuring out how to do it, it's the incredible tedium of actually doing it.