Guard Captains - class change feasible?

zymurgy65

I find it annoying that the three captains likely to fight at Bruma (Burd, Ulrich Leland and Viera Lerus) are all classed as Knights and have no Light Armour skill. Last time, Ulrich was left bare-chested because his cuirass was shredded.

Can I change their class to Guard, or is there some kind of game mechanic that relies on them NOT being Guards? I realise they won't be able to arrest you as they're not male Imperials, but the same applies to Caelia Draconis.

I know... I wrote it.

I must say, having my own mod recommended to me was both gratifying and hilarious! :laugh: As you may have guessed, I'm working on v.1.1 now, mainly due to my OCD (excessive perfectionism is one of the symptoms).

I've given it some thought over the weekend, but I'm still not sure if the increase in Light Armour skill is worth the loss of Strength. I'm open to suggestions.

LOL ... I can understand both the gratifying part and the hilarious! Now I've given us both our morning chuckle. Good way to start the day.

I haven't tried your mod but did give it a real close study on the day it was released. I'm pretty tied up until after mid week but when I have the chance I'll revisit it and give it some more thought along those lines.

OK thanks, I'd appreciate any feedback.

I'm not completely happy with the shield distribution for Bandit and Marauder bosses - still 25% wastage. I'm thinking of a 90/10 split with new levelled lists. Also, since Legion foresters now have shortswords, I'll probably replace Armourer with Block.

Just speaking on a high level, what I look for in game changes is primarily adding variety. To me not everyone has the same skills, and as their ability to use different tools varies so will what they are willing to cart around. For example if you aren't skilled in using a shield why would you tote one around.

If every time I run into a bandit I can predict their skills, fighting style and equipment (as is generally the case with the vanilla game) I'm forced into inventing new ways to handle the encounters, just to keep things a slight bit interesting. In my own tweaks and simple mods I'm always on the lookout for unconventional ways to create the unexpected. I haven't really ever thought of what unconventional things might be used to add diversity to enemy encounters, but now you have me thinking on it (which may or may not be a good thing ... I do have a reputation for moonshot expectations).