Exporting from 3ds Max problem

madeking

Ive been following the guides to try and make custom meshes using my copy of 3dsmax 2011 (64 bit) and nifSkope.

Ive been having trouble trying to get my meshes ingame so i tried just importing and exporting a nif file without editing it using max, then doing the copy branches stuff, but this still gives me an CTD when i try to equip the item.

Ive since tried going through every block to make my exported 3dsmax file match the original and got it to the point i cant see a single thing different (except the order of the NiTriShape blocks), even the file size is an exact match to the byte.

the only difference is one crashes, one doesn't.

Could anyone give me ANY ideas as to what could be causing the crashes, because ive run out. I could just be doing something really stupid.

I'm no expert, but I found out the hard way that a ctd is often caused by the bsdismember modifier being trashed within max ... you need to delete it and do a new one, then change the bsdismember partition number in nifskope ... this did work for me!

I got the info from this very long and detailed tutorial on this forum, which explains it much better

NB the initial tutorial does not mention the bsdismember modifier, you have to real the later posts!

no gain without pain

good luck with that, i know just how frustrating it is

:facepalm:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/478312-tutorial-3ds-max-skinned-meshes-into-game/