OBSE Doesn't Function Correctly

CravicDiablo

Greetings!

Before I begin my post of my problem, I will let it be known that I have had no issues with OBSE on my Computer when I had Vista Installed. Most of my issues came from mods, but OBSE worked perfectly Fine.

Now I have windows 7, while most mods are working now, OBSE is having issues with simply working. Oblivion will run perfectly fine, anything that does not need OBSE to run/show does so. However Mods like CLS and Estrus -just to name a few- have my character (or NPCS) Standing/sitting/Whatever position they where in. This is the Steam Version of Oblivion.

Now here is what I have tried:

-Yes I have enabled Steam Community and have made sure it works in game

-Using OBMM, I have deactivated and reactivated the mods that use OBSE, one at a time, and still no change

-I have tried to use OBSE v20 and v19, nether give a response

- hitting "~" and typing GETOBSEVersion yields nothing; nor is there any log from OBSE

Any news or fixes on this oddity?

Other Steam games and Oblivion for Steam don't have a problem with UAC until you start adding mods. Perhaps newer games (like modern regular programs) have ways of letting UAC know it's OK for changes to be made to it's executable and in it's install folder. Oblivion was designed and coded long before Microsoft dreamed up UAC.

Here's a link to Bben46's Oblivion reinstall procedure. Don't miss the link near the top of the page about moving your Steam installation, and also don't miss the part about registry cleaning (it is important).

- Edit - Also make sure you are using the Steam install instructions for OBSE ... they are different than the regular version instructions.

Edited by Striker879