My First Mod Done!

Gankaku

OK I did everything you all suggested and my own idea (making a stronger warpaint instead of too delicate) and nothing worked.

So. Here's my warpaint

And here's what it looks like ingame front and side. Very very light.

@bellyache - I have no alpha channels and saved accordingly.

Am working with ...\Data\textures\actors\character\character assets\tintmasks\femaleheadwarpaint_30.dds --- replacing those two under-eye finger swipes of warpaint. Obivously something's working because I can see the changes in-game.

So. Why is it so light and what can I do to fix this? Thank you!

EDIT: Um wow. After looking at my jpg image it seems so grey against the black. I've amped the brightness of the white on the level to max. Let me try that and see if it works better. May have answered my own question. Will post back!

EDIT 2: Tada! That was the problem. I think if @theragman wouldn't have mentioned something about grey, I might not have noticed that problem when I posted my jpg image of the test warpaint here. Here it is: SIDE and FRONT

Now I can get to some real mod making! Woo! Thank you for all your help and ideas!

Edited by Gankaku

I was just going to say make the grey parts all white and it should fix it. use grey only for when you want to adjust its opacity like the paint got smudged or worn down to barely there. Its the same thing for an alpha with clothing, instead of black that makes it invisible a grey will make it see through.