Where the hell are my dragons?!

Ohdude

At past when my level was lower dragons would appear anywhere,out of nowhere.1 out of 2 times a dragon would attack Dawnstar and Riften.The dragons that guard the word walls would respawn daily,I'd get attacked on main and sidequests,hell,I'd even get attacked while sitting on a chair watching the nature.

But now,they're gone,I've seen none of them for weeks (real-life time) , and for some strange reason the dragons at word walls DO NOT respawn - well,get replaced by another dragon.BUT THE LOOT RESETS.Last time I visited Autumnwatch Tower there was no dragon,but the loot in the chest was different,and the gold etc. was back.

One time I saw a Blood Dragon at Skyborn Altar,but he wasn't the one guarding the wall,he just appeared out of nowhere,didn't become hostile,flew around me a bit and then got away,I've heard a few screams (that's..uhhh..how they communicate? XD) , but then,all silent.

I know that the spawn rate is random for the random dragons,just based on your luck.But what of the ones guarding word walls? Why don't they come back if the loot resets? :( The loot reset,so that means the lair also reset,but no dragon.

I found something on the net,wrote "help dragons 3" to console and "dragonsEnabled" was set to 0.00,I made it 1.They still won't appear.

I have the Deadly Dragons mod,but my dragons disappeared before I got the mod,and even the dragons included in that mod don't respawn.Only one time a Nether Drake attacked Dawnstar,like 2 weeks ago,didn't see anything else since.

Edited by Ohdude

Are you in the middle of the Blade in the Dark quest?

Random dragons are disabled during that quest.

And some players have reported that dragons didn't come back afterwards.

I've heard the MQ106TurnOffRandomDragons command can solve this.

Edited by Tom2681

Are you in the middle of the Blade in the Dark quest?

Random dragons are disabled during that quest.

And some players have reported that dragons didn't come back afterwards.

I've heard the MQ106TurnOffRandomDragons command can solve this.

I've finished the main story :( I'll try the command now,thank you.

Proper syntax:

"set MQ106TurnOffRandomDragons to 0" and see if it does something.

I can't believe it.

My character is only level 15 and it has 82 spare dragon souls already. I've got chests filled with hundreds of dragon bones and scales because the merchants aren't respawning their gold quick enough to buy them.

And some people... have no dragons at all.

What is the world coming to? :biggrin:

Edited by Tom2681

actually i just happened to fix this!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: What i did was i backed up my saves, then went inside my player owned home. There i put in the console "set timescale to 900000" (this speeds up the time in game related to time in real life) i waited for a couple seconds until one month passed by in game. i then set the timescale to its default (set timescale to 20). i made a new save, then i went outside of the house and i quick traveled to a random destination (not a city) in the middle of the map. I then set the timescale to 10000 and waited for a random dragon. As soon as i heard one, i set the timescale back to 20 and saved again. Now random dragons are attacking me again :D Edited by abdulord117

• 1 year later...

actually i just happened to fix this!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: What i did was i backed up my saves, then went inside my player owned home. There i put in the console "set timescale to 900000" (this speeds up the time in game related to time in real life) i waited for a couple seconds until one month passed by in game. i then set the timescale to its default (set timescale to 20). i made a new save, then i went outside of the house and i quick traveled to a random destination (not a city) in the middle of the map. I then set the timescale to 10000 and waited for a random dragon. As soon as i heard one, i set the timescale back to 20 and saved again. Now random dragons are attacking me again :biggrin:

That seems like you had luck,it seems to be alot to do for just a random dragon,I think its just normal that way,I think theres a command that raises the random dragons rate,but I dont know it

• 3 years later...

actually i just happened to fix this!!!! http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/biggrin.gifhttp://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/biggrin.gifhttp://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/biggrin.gif What i did was i backed up my saves, then went inside my player owned home. There i put in the console "set timescale to 900000" (this speeds up the time in game related to time in real life) i waited for a couple seconds until one month passed by in game. i then set the timescale to its default (set timescale to 20). i made a new save, then i went outside of the house and i quick traveled to a random destination (not a city) in the middle of the map. I then set the timescale to 10000 and waited for a random dragon. As soon as i heard one, i set the timescale ack to 20 and saved again. Now random dragons are attacking me again http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/biggrin.gif

Hahahahahaahahaha, abdul, you `re the man. Thumbs up from me even though this is 4 years ago. Thanks people.