Complex installation - animations

zelazko

I really appreciate word of advice. I am not really sure how to handle the installation order or even if I can install all mods so none or few animations will get replaced by something else.

I want to install:

Deadly Reflex 6.0b101

Unnecessary Violence II - Taking Action

MAO - Mayus Animation Overhaul

NoMaaM BBB Animation Replacer - without using flail animations

DMC Stylish - Animation Replacer

Supreme Magicka

Fearsome Magicka

Sensual Walks for Female NPCs

I am also intending to install HGEC Body with BBB v1dot12 using DMRA body.

Rivelle's latest update gives the option of installing HGEC Body with BBB v1dot12 without the included animation files (unless there were some included that you wanted of course). If a mod that includes animations also includes an esp and those animations do not go in the default location for animations (Data\meshes\characters\_male and/or Data\meshes\characters\_male\specialanims) it should be OK to play safe with replacer mods. It's alright if it has it's own folders as subfolders of Data\meshes\characters\_male (i.e. Data\meshes\characters\_male\JoesCoolAnimMod\*.kf). If it has an esp but still puts it's animation files in Data\meshes\characters\_male it will work out the same as a replacer mod. The rule there of course is "He who is last installed wins". That's when install order is paramount.

I'm a mix and matcher for animations. I always extract the 7z file to it's own named subfolder of my OblivionDownloads directory so I can examine the folders structure and files included with any mod. If the mod is only available as an OMOD I extract the OMOD to a folder so I can check out the contents. You'd be surprised at how many times I find a skeleton.nif or .kf file that isn't mentioned in the mod description or readme. Something gets overwritten on my machine I'm the guy deciding what, where and when.

I'm sure that Nephenee13 will advise using BAIN to install the mods. If you don't want to go old school it is the best choice for what you are wanting to do. It will alert you to the overwrites and allow you to chose which file wins (kinda' like what I do only in a perhaps more elegant fashion). Wyre Bash will allow you to chose which mod wins where there are conflicts to the .esps trying to change the same thing (something that my method would require firing up the Construction Set and getting your hands dirty).

There will certainly be plenty of conflicts in what you propose.

How can you change path for _male & _1stperson anims kf files in construction set? I loaded the uv II plugin but I can't seem to find the way to change the path. I saw that I could edit IdleAnims... but not _1stperson or _male

If I would set different path for _male & _1stperson anims kf files by creating new plugins or editing plugins I could make NooMaaN BBB animation replacer work with DR6 & UV II without losing any animations/combat moves.

Edit: I just got a new idea. What if I put Deadly Reflex files from _male to Mayus Animation Overhaul folder while leaving NooMaaM BBB files in core default folder meshes/characters/_male.

That way I will be able to use Deadly Reflex animations, and other NPCs will have BBB effects when fighting right? :D

Edited by zelazko