Difference Between NIF File Names???

paraleyes

I don't need to open the mesh files at this time. I just need to know what the different file names are for please?

I see for example the following pattern:

dragonhelm_bronze_0.nif (In Inventory?)

dragonhelm_bronze_1.nif (Wearing Item?)

dragonhelm_bronze_go.nif (assuming go eatheral or reflectiveness?)

dragonhelm_bronzef_0.nif (Female In Inventory?)

dragonhelm_bronzef_1.nif (Female Wearing Item?)

If I am correct... Well please let me know either way and add any clarifications...

Thanks!!!

~Paraleyes

According to the way nif files are named in the fallout games I can say for sure that the _go file is the model that is used when the item is dropped from the inventory to the ground and the f suffix indicates the female mesh. Can't tell you though what the 0/1 suffixes are for.

I bet that Quetzlsacatanango is gonna drop by if he sees this and clear that up for you! ;)

Edited by SariDecember

I don't need to open the mesh files at this time. I just need to know what the different file names are for please?

dragonhelm_bronze_0.nif (In Inventory?) Nope sorry: ... All *_0 meshes and *_1 meshes refer to the character slider setting, i.e.* _0 for "skinny" player and *_1 for "fat" player, the game "blends" the 2 together to get the desired result

dragonhelm_bronze_1.nif (Wearing Item?) =See Above

dragonhelm_bronze_go.nif (assuming go eatheral or reflectiveness?) Nope = this is the mesh for the 'ground' and 'inventory' versions

dragonhelm_bronzef_0.nif (Female In Inventory?) Half right = it IS for the female version, but see above for the *_0 and *_1

dragonhelm_bronzef_1.nif (Female Wearing Item?) = See above

If I am correct... Well please let me know either way and add any clarifications...

Thanks!!!

~Paraleyes

dragonhelm_bronze_0.nif (In Inventory?) Nope sorry: ... All *_0 meshes and *_1 meshes refer to the character slider setting, i.e.* _0 for "skinny" player and *_1 for "fat" player, the game "blends" the 2 together to get the desired result

dragonhelm_bronze_1.nif (Wearing Item?) =See Above

dragonhelm_bronze_go.nif (assuming go eatheral or reflectiveness?) Nope = this is the mesh for the 'ground' and 'inventory' versions

dragonhelm_bronzef_0.nif (Female In Inventory?) Half right = it IS for the female version, but see above for the *_0 and *_1

dragonhelm_bronzef_1.nif (Female Wearing Item?) = See above

Thanks!!!

~Paraleyes

WOOO HOOOO! Thanks both of you! Just what I need! :) :) :) And Fast!

Community rocks here! :)

Thanks again