SKSE question

dewi457

Do you have to launch the game through the SKSE launcher for the mods needing it to work? I always get an error with skyui saying it couldnt detect SKSE but yet it seems to be working, just curious i really prefer launching through steam but don't want to screw mods up thank you in advance

Do you have to launch the game through the SKSE launcher for the mods needing it to work? I always get an error with skyui saying it couldnt detect SKSE but yet it seems to be working, just curious i really prefer launching through steam but don't want to screw mods up thank you in advance

Yes, you have to launch through the SKSE loader.

Why do you like going through the launcher? It's just one more click, and may or may not decide to reload your INIs possibly erasing any manual modifications you may have done to it.

The only time I ever use it is to regenerate INIs.

Yes, you have to launch through the SKSE loader.

Why do you like going through the launcher? It's just one more click, and may or may not decide to reload your INIs possibly erasing any manual modifications you may have done to it.

The only time I ever use it is to regenerate INIs.

Idk I just like launching through steam i don't have any games on my desktop they're all in steam and wanted to keep it that way, but thank you.

Idk I just like launching through steam i don't have any games on my desktop they're all in steam and wanted to keep it that way, but thank you.

You can do that, even if it requires some extra steps.

In Steam choose the menu Games at top, then "Add a non-Steam game to My Library" and click "Browse" (to your Skyrim game folder) then select "skse_loader.exe" and open. Then click "Add selected program".

If you want an icon, right click the entry in Steam and select Properties then click Choose Icon and browse to Skyrim folder and select TESV.exe. You can also rename the shortcut here, f.e. "Skyrim SKSE" or whatever you like.

Edited by MrBuio