What's the best GPU I can swap on an Intel H110?

So I was thinking, hey, they gave my SSE for free, let's just play that. I didn't really feel like starting for a while, because I intended to make my second play through a modded play, and I wanted to wait for SKSE or whatever so all the fancy mods would be in play, but I started it up and found that the game couldn't detect my GPU, and that the game wasn't playing smoothly...

So I checked on GD and found my GPU lacking... but I couldn't figure out what the best GPU I could exchange into my current PC was.

So, can someone tell me what's best as far as quality and value for my PC/motherboard?

I'll paste a link to the actual PC bought for easier explanation, the only alteration I've made to it was 16 GB DDR4 RAM exchanged into the system.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883230097

Please let me know what's a working GPU I can put in without swapping the power supply or motherboard... or processor, or at least let me know where you find answers for this stuff.

Also, wanting to study building my next PC from scratch... Which parts can I cannibalize too?

It depends on your power-supply. It appears to be 350W. So a gtx1050ti would be a good option.

For a future build you could save everything but the power-supply

Also how is that a gaming pc? That's just plain lying to people.

Edited by Erik005

If the power supply is in fact as small as the other poster mentioned, I would suggest upgrading it to a new and higher capacity PSU. Something from EVGA, Corsair, or SeaSonic would be sufficient. Try going for 450w or higher. A good GPU upgrade that will pair nicely with your CPU though would be the GTX 1060 6GB. If you want to cannibalize your parts though, pretty much everything can be salvaged except the PSU. I mean you could reuse the PSU, but you really shouldn't. CyberPower usually use generic brand PSU's, and those are not really all that great. It would be safest for your PC to just put in something of better quality.

• 4 weeks later...

I would probably go with a psu from Seasonic, Corsair or EVGA (or any rebrand of seasonic). They're all solid psu and I never had any problems with them.

Like already mentioned newer gpu's like a gtx 1060 or even amd ones like the rx 480 don't need too much power anymore, but for me to be safe, something around 500 Watt would be the minimum ( I always like to have some buffer).

The mentioned gpu's (gtx 1060 6GB and rx 480) should be the best to pair waith your cpu, maybe if you want to go full in a gtx 1070 or one of the new amd vega gpu's (depends on the time you plan to upgrade).

Good gpu brands I have experience with are also evga, msi and asus.

Your case should be handle to handle all of it (at least from what I can see in the pictures), so no need for mini-gpu's.

Everyhting else should be fine, but maybe go later for an ssd (they're getting pretty cheap, atleast compared to their original prices ^^)

Edit: Seems like I mostly rewrote what @DaddyDirection already mentioned ... sry for that ^^

Edited by L3s7ing

• 2 months later...

You can use PCPartPicker.com to help you make sure things are compatible if you want. Just list off your parts, and then it should let you know if it's alright. For a modern setup with modern parts, a 450w PSU is usually sufficient - unless you're really going high end.

• 4 weeks later...